Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
State Of Tennessee
Nashville , TN 37201
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Minimum Qualifications Benefits Supplemental Questions
LOCATION OF MULTIPLE POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION, TENNESSEE PRISON FOR WOMEN, DAVIDSON COUNTY
The 6,800 professionals who make up the Tennessee Department of Correction are our most valuable resource. Visit the link below to hear some of our team members explain why they chose a career with the TDOC:
Education and Experience: Education equivalent to graduation from a standard high school.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
Applicants for this class must:
- be willing to and able to qualify with, carry, and use assigned weapons
- be at least eighteen (18) years of age on the date of application
- be a citizen of the United States
- have a good moral character, as determined by investigation
- complete a criminal history disclosure form in a manner approved by the appointing authority
- agree to release all records involving their criminal history to the appointing authority
- supply a fingerprint sample in a manner prescribed by the TBI for a fingerprint based criminal history records check
- have no conviction for a felony or have been discharged under any other than honorable conditions from any branch of the United States armed forces
- pass a physical examination administered by a licensed physician that is consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act and that relates to the essential functions of the position
- pass a psychological evaluation administered by a licensed mental health professional that is consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act and that relates to the essential functions of the position
- submit to and pass a pre-employment screening test for use of illegal drugs
- possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license at the time of appointment in some positions
- upon appointment, successfully complete a prescribed course of instruction at the Tennessee Correction Academy.
During their careers, most correctional security employees can expect to be assigned to any one of three different work shifts and any number of different post assignments. While employee work preferences are considered, there is no guarantee that the employee will remain assigned to any specific shift and/or post assignment.
Examination Method: Noncompetitive selection for Preferred Service positions.
Under general supervision, is responsible for correctional work of average difficulty; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: This is the entry working class in the Correctional Officer sub-series. An employee in this class performs correctional work at a state penal institution involving the custody, transport, and rehabilitation of inmates, and may be assigned to work any shift. This class differs from that of Correctional Corporal in that an incumbent of the latter acts as a minor supervisor.