Salt Lake City , UT 84108
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Support DiscGenics management in dealings with outside legal counsel, consultants, and vendors on corporate legal matters including confidentiality agreements, supply/service agreements, and corporate governance. Position will be part time contractor with possibility of full time employment based on performance and bandwidth/willingness to perform additional duties.
- Coordinate communications between DiscGenics management and other parties negotiating legal agreements
- Drafting contracts based on existing templates, such as confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, employment contracts, and service/supply agreements
- Assess document provided by or redlined by other parties then identify and summarize key issues for DiscGenics management consideration
- Communicate with DiscGenics legal counsel
- Log, track, and organize all new agreements and audit existing log for accuracy
- Responding to requests for information including due diligence requests
- Maintain organizational documents, including articles of incorporation, corporate bylaws, stock certificates, shareholder agreements, etc.
- Assisting with paperwork needed by regulatory bodies
- Performing legal and other technical research
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies (Bachelors degree is preferred)
- Minimum 2 years working in company legal department or corporate law firm
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Ability to self-educate and problem solve when found in unfamiliar territory
- Ability to think critically and pay attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organization abilities
- Strong research and report-generating skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced biotech startup
DiscGenics offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.