Corporate Legal Counsel
Salt Lake City , UT 84081
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Go1 is on a mission to unlock positive potential through a love of learning. The Go1 platform makes learning easy with thousands of courses in one simple solution. Since our founding in 2015, we have grown to an organization of 400+ in 9 global offices. At Go1, we go to infinity and beyond through excellent work, prioritizing actions over words and encouraging creativity and candor. It is with this spirit that we are driving hypergrowth and international expansion.
The Attorney is responsible for providing legal support to the General Counsel and the Go1 business. In this role you will:
- Sole US counsel supporting the expanding US commercial team
- Assisting in strategic legal projects and drafting, negotiating, and advising on commercial agreements with customers, suppliers and partners, in particular content licensing arrangements, and complex reseller and other distribution network arrangements
- Providing in-house legal advice on privacy, data-sharing, transfer of data outside of the US as well advising on the implications of new product offerings
- Engaging in the drafting, negotiating and reviewing of any commercial agreement containing privacy and/or data protection clauses.
- Drafting and advising on complex data protection-related documentation such as data processing agreements and data transfer agreements, representative agreements and privacy impact assessments
- Providing guidance and support on various new compliance reporting/data tracking requirements and revisions to internal codes of conduct
- Assist and advise on all aspects of M&A activity
- Provide legal support to the General Counsel and other Go1 departments
- Participate in other legal projects such as research and advising on legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
- JD from a reputable law school
- Admitted to practice in the US with a minimum of 4 to 6 years of post-admission experience
- Tech, commercial and data privacy experience highly preferred
- Robust technical knowledge of the law of commercial contracts, data protection and knowledge of corporate and IP/IT law advantageous
- Strong M&A experience
- Familiarity with relevant US Privacy laws (e.g. CCPA and CPRA)
- Solid drafting and negotiation experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of privacy, intellectual property, competition & consumer law and employment law issues
- Proven leadership ability with well-developed communication, negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder engagement with an ability to interact with a diverse group of stakeholders and proactively provide customer centric solutions
- Capacity to think strategically and demonstrate sensitivity in balancing legal risk with business reality
- CIPP Certification is desirable.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
Why you will love go1:
- Flexible schedule and hybrid work model
- Smart & Authentic- We are a clever bunch and we love to share knowledge and experiences with each other, were also not afraid of robust discussions and competitive collaboration
- Great workspace! Our office is located in the Kiln co-working space, easily accessible from Trax or Frontrunner, and free parking in the Gateway garage if you drive.
- We are passionate about Learning- Enjoy unlimited access to the go1 Learning platform with thousands of online training courses available on-demand.
- 80% employer-paid medical
- 100% employer-paid dental, vision, LTD/STD, life insurance, 401k and dependent care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Team outings, company dinners,
- Generous compensation plan, and career growth opportunities.
We work hard to ensure that we provide an inclusive workplace for everyone and are passionate about having all team members involved in what we do - no matter where in the world you are located. We celebrate each others wins and support one another so we can grow as individuals, as teams and as an organization. Our culture of diversity fosters innovation and helps us provide the best learning experience possible for our clients and learners across the globe. Go1 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.