Corporate Hotel Sales Manager Onsite/Outside (Sales)
Avalon , NJ 08202
Posted 3 weeks ago
Do you have a passion for people and a heart for hospitality?
Do you have great attention to detail?
Do you have the drive to develop long term sales relationships?
Do you create a positive work environment with your team?
If you have answered yes to the questions above we want you!
To succeed you will need:
- A passion for people; this position is all about people skills.
- Integrity; to always choose to do the right thing.
How we manage:
- We believe in modeling servant leadership.
- We respect all of our team members by offering weekly/daily training and skills development.
- We motivate our team to produce excellence by setting expectations and inspecting what we expect.
- We create, recreate, and continually improve our proprietary systems that allow our team to produce consistently high quality guest experiences. We believe systems are our solution.
What you will be responsible for:
The Corporate Hotel Sales Manager position reports directly to the Director of Sales for ICONA Resorts. The Corporate Hotel Sales Manager is responsible for selling luxury dining, meeting and event spaces for all entities of Icona Resorts. Between all venues, this position will generate events ranging from 10- 300+ persons. Duties will include contract review, site fees, facilitating communication prior, during and after events with key team members, to ensure a 5 star experience for our guests. The Corporate Hotel Sales Manager hosts on-site client visits and develops and maintains strong customer relationships.
- The Corporate Hotel Sales Manager is responsible for actively researching, promoting, booking, and coordinating business on a year-round basis. Group categories include but are not limited to corporate events and functions. As part of the Sales team, the Corporate Hotel Sales Manager may be asked to attend local and regional events representing Icona Resorts.
- Actively prospect new group business that supports the goals laid out in the marketing and sales plan for the Resort.
- Lead generation through inside and outside sales efforts, including Corporate Clients, Hotels and Destination Management companies.
- Respond to group inquiries that come to the resort via the website, phone, email, referrals, and word of mouth.
- Work with group leaders to plan and coordinate all aspects of a group visit. This includes but not limited to: events, lodging, F&B, and meeting space.
- Participate in the strategic planning process for meetings and events, including event objectives, designing events and constructing budgets based on clients needs.
- Generate, negotiate and confirm details on event contracts.
- Spearhead follow-up, fulfillment and closing of contracts
- Conduct and host initial site visits and additional visits, as requested.
- Coordinate with all departments on group activities.
- Responsible for reconciling group invoices and collecting all payments.
- Drafting, distributing Group Function sheets and BEO's detailing upcoming events, functions, and groups, as well as, forecasting
- Be available through the day to check on the group and handle any questions or provide solutions.
- Work with marketing team to develop sales collateral.
- Attend weekly sales and team forecasting meetings.
- Use sales tools to track leads, contacts and reports.
- Prior event planning experience preferred.
- Experience with relevant software applications including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs, internet, and email communications.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications, and be comfortable presenting in front of groups.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays, as business demands.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
At ICONA Resorts we have fun while we get the job done! You'll be joining a team of talented, hard-working professionals all working together toward one goal: giving our guests a heavenly experience at our iconic beachfront resorts.
Full-time, year-round employees may be eligible for additional benefits including: health insurance, 401k, and bonuses.
ICONA Resorts provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Icona Resorts complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.