Corporate Controller - Finance Req #2086
South San Francisco , CA 94080
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. We are combining the precision of gene regulation with the versatility of gene therapies to create breakthrough treatments. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
Encoded Therapeutics is a high-growth company focused on leveraging the power of the human genome to deliver highly effective precision therapies, leading to life-changing and lasting benefit for individuals with genetic disorders. The Corporate Controller is a critical and highly visible leader who will architect, build, manage, and scale the Companys accounting organization. The Controller will be responsible for overseeing all accounting activities, including accounting close and consolidation, treasury, tax, and internal controls.
We are seeking a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of leader who enjoys a fast-paced, high impact environment. This is a great opportunity to join a well-funded, world-changing biotech company. This role is based in South San Francisco and reports to the Head of Finance.
- Lead the month-end close processes, including preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly and quarterly internal management reporting package, including preparing variance and fluctuation analysis
- Manage technical accounting activities in-line with recent GAAP pronouncements, drafting of technical accounting memos, and implementing new FASB Standards
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls and processes to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Manage annual financial audits with our auditors - manage deadlines, prepare schedules, compile support, reconcile accounts, act a point of contact for external audit team
- Drive continuous improvement of financial tools and financial accounting processes that can scale with the company's growth
- Manage the preparation and submission of Federal and State income tax returns, coordinate the completion of appropriate DE Franchise, property, sales and use, payroll, and other local tax business license filings
- Hire and develop a superior, high-performing team to meet increasing needs and requirements as the company continues to grow
- Act as a thought partner to the Leadership Team and Board of Directors providing valuable strategic analysis and insights on various business issues
- Coordinate insurance renewals and financial analysis of related renewals
- Perform such accounting, financial and/or administrative tasks, as required
- Masters degree and 10 or more years of financial management experience, with a track record of success positions of increasingly progressive responsibility OR Bachelors degree and 12 or more years of financial management experience, with a track record of success positions of increasingly progressive responsibility
- Biotech/Pharma industry experience
- Relevant financial leadership experience, including the building and leading of teams
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, and SOX regulations
- Demonstrated success in fast paced start-up environment as well as experience in mid-size and public companies
- Ability to solve problems proactively and independently
- Ability to deliver strategic business insights in a dynamic environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Experience with implementing and maintaining ERP systems
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Collaborative environment that encourages and rewards learning and scientific curiosity
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events (even remotely through COVID)
- Fully stocked kitchen
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.