I. Basic Purpose:
Prepares, seasons and cooks food for hospital patients, employees and visitors.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2.Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3.Previews menus and work orders to determine type and quantities of meats, vegetables, soups, salads and desserts to be obtained and prepared.
4.Plans and coordinates cooking schedules so that foods will ready at required times.
5.Prepares, season and cooks food.
6.Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes.
7.Uses a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment including grinders, slicers, mixers and blenders.
8.Ensures that all foods prepare meet existing standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance.
9.Ensures that all cooking equipment and utensils are inspected and maintained for cleanliness and proper operation.
10. Ensures that required sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process.
11. Alerts supervisor to problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies. Detects and reports spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment or other unusual conditions.
12. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
13. Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
14. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
15. Attends meetings as required.
16. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
17. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill the requirements of this position a candidate may have less than high school; sufficient previous experience in large scale food preparation; knowledge of cooking methods/procedures, including types of preparation and related routines; training in institutional food preparation.
Martin Memorial Health Systems, Inc.