Cook I - Full Time With Benefits
Grand Lodge, Masonic Homes & Acacia Creek
Union City , CA 94587
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Lucrative Signing Bonus + Full Time with benefits/Healthcare Insurance covered at 90%
Prepares and produces nutritious, wellbalanced meals in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, established policies and procedures, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- Prepares foods in a timely manner, in accordance with sanitary regulations, and in accordance with planned menus as well as established policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains a good working rapport with interdepartment personnel to assure that food service is properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Handles, stores, and rotates foods and supplies in the proper manner.
- Assures that the food production area and equipment are in good condition, properly sanitized and free of safety hazards.
- Supervises the serving of meals and ensures the food is at proper temperature, properly styled, palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Handles leftover foods by properly storing, wrapping, labeling and dating or properly follows up to ensure usage or disposal.
- Prepares food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus, standardized recipes, and special diet orders.
- Consults with Director of Dining Services or Chef regarding food production and carries out other duties as assigned by Chef or Supervisors.
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers.
- Regular attendance.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 years minimum experience cooking evening meals.
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts