Cook: Food & Nutrition (Patients)
Memorial Healthcare System
Pembroke Pines , FL 33028
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Cooks and prepares food for distribution to patients, the cafeteria, physicians and catering services.
Reviews menu and special orders to determine types and quantities of food items to be prepared.
Follows standardized recipes in preparation of all foods.
Cooks according to planned schedule to ensure food will be ready at specified times.
Adheres to all applicable HACCP guidelines regarding the requisition, storage, handling and preparation of food as well as in the sanitation and maintenance of work area.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- FOOD SAFETY: Observes and maintains safety of food during and after preparation.
- FOOD PREPARATION: Prepares nutritious and varied meals for patients, staff, and guests.
- KITCHEN SANITATION: Maintains food service area, supplies, and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
- HAND HYGIENE: Practices appropriate hand hygiene to impede spread of infection and disease.
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience:1 year of work experience or successful completion of 1 year participation in an accredited culinary program.
- Bending and Stooping 60.00%
- Climbing 40.00%
- Keyboard Entry 20.00%
- Kneeling 40.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs
- 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26
- 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
- Reaching 60.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
- Standing 60.00%
- Walking 60.00%
- Audible Speech 60.00%
- Hearing Acuity 60.00%
- Smelling Acuity 60.00%
- Taste Discrimination 60.00%
- Depth Perception 60.00%
- Distinguish Color 60.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes 40.00%
- Hazardous Chemicals 40.00%
- Computer Monitor 20.00%
- Extreme Heat/Cold 60.00%
- Fire Risk 60.00%
- Heating Devices 60.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
- Potential Electric Shock 60.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
Medical and Surgical Services
Radiology and Imaging Services
Memorial Ventilator Program
New Vision Medical Stabilization
Sleep Disorder and Sleep Study Center
Urgent Care Center
Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.