Convenience Store Clerk
Redner's Markets Inc.
Palmyra , PA 17078
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
POSITION TITLE: C-Store Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Convenience Store
REPORTS TO: C-Store Manager/Co-Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To operate the cash register efficiently and courteously in a manner that conforms to company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Scan grocery orders accurately and efficiently. To correctly identify proper departments for items that do not scan.
- Utilize scan and bag technique for maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Follow company policy on cash drops and filling out the proper paperwork.
- Help out in other areas in the store besides the cash register area, this includes but not limited to the following:
- a) Filling the cigarette racks and displays.
- b) Fill the walk in cooler: milk, eggs, soda, tea, etc.
- c) Fill the produce rack.
- d) Bag ice when needed.
- e) Empty trash inside and outside of store.
- f) Maintain neat and clean appearance by the gas pumps which includes washing pumps, filling washer fluid, and filling the towels.
- g) Assist in temperature readings at appropriate times.
- Maintain the grand opening look for the store, which includes but not limited to the following:
- a) Windex all cooler, freezer, and entrance doors as necessary.
- b) Clean bathrooms and all floors within the store.
- c) Front all aisles, coolers, and freezers.
- d) Clean outside the store: pay phones, sidewalks, and empty trash cans.
- Have full knowledge of company policies concerning video rentals.
- Have full knowledge of company policies concerning in-store lottery tickets.
- Provide first class customer service at all times.
- Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in other departments such as the sub shop, as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have dexterity in both hands to be able to scan and bag groceries properly.
- Must have strong communication skills, to ensure proper customer service.
- Strong mathematical skills required.
- Must be able to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds up to 40% of the time.
Note: While this position description describes the primary functions of the job, it is not a complete description of all responsibilities. As a retail business, we require flexibility and teamwork. To assure the best possible service to our customers, associates are frequently called upon to perform work other than the major functions listed above.