Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Contract Engineering Services has a great opportunity for a candidate with Controls Technician experience interested in 3rd Shift. Our client is a successful business that has been throughout the US for over 100 years! They are an established leader in manufacturing, providing quality products through team development, cross training, and mentor-ship.
To effectively perform all duties of an Electrical Controls Technician in an efficient manner, while following all company policies and procedures. The purpose of this position is to support and troubleshoot all industrial control systems including OEM “Original Equipment Manufacturer Control Systems”, process control systems, Wonderware SCADA systems, VFD’s, Servos, HMI’s and control networks. As well as support the team process by gaining the knowledge and skills to be able to proficiently operate all machinery associated with the specific team.
Controls Technician Job Functions
- Run diagnostic tests on malfunctioning equipment, run diagnostics and repair in all areas of plant automation. Perform Preventative Maintenance, ensuring stock of critical spares, properly inputting data into the CMMS system, executing work orders, backing up programs and keeping prints and manuals up-to-date.
- Troubleshoot and commission variable frequency drives, servo systems, robotics and industrial networks including Rockwell, Siemens, Beckoff and GE. Perform I/O checks and PLC upgrades as well as maintain and update documentation and performing control system backups.
- Commission control systems, troubleshoot operational issues, perform equipment and process instrumentation calibration including flow transmitters, pressure transmitters, level sensors, etc.
- Develop enhancements and improvements of industrial control schemes to drive operational improvements and cost reductions.
- Troubleshooting PLC, HMI, motor and motor control problems
- Maintain all PLC programs for all the systems assigned.
- Troubleshoot control network problems. Understand and support the architecture and parameters of the network for PLC’s, Wonderware and Process Databases, including problems associated with wiring, and corrupted files, failed components and set-ups.
- Completes assigned planned work orders, writes work requests and works with other team members in troubleshooting and repairing processing and packaging equipment.
Controls Technician Minimum Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Associates degree in electronics or associated field from a two-year college or technical school is preferred.
- Two to five years’ industrial controls experience using Allen Bradley and RS Logix control platforms (ControlLogix, Simatic, PanelView Plus, RSView ME,) and similar control platforms.
- At least understand the fundamentals of PLC’s
- Software (AutoCAD, RSLogic, RSLinx, RSView ME, Wonderware, and MS Office).
- Familiar with Rockwell PLC’s but not at the programmer level
- Working knowledge of all automation standard practices as defined by the Instrument Systems and Automation (ISA).
- Ability to fluently read, speak, write and comprehend the English language.
- Basic math skills.
- Position is in a 24/7 Facility so must be able to do shift work
Controls Technician Desired Experience
- Food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Machine operation experience preferred.
- Industrial maintenance and PLC experience preferred. Performing maintenance, Understand Networking – what it is and what it does – what are Switches, Hubs, etc)
- Sound knowledge of electricity and electrical controls, lubrication, preventive maintenance, pneumatics, welding, and hydraulic systems.
- Previous Electrical and Mechanical experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable in electrical circuits
- Welding, pneumatic, hydraulics, refrigeration, and boiler operation experience preferred but not required