Controls Engineer - Packaging And Conveyor OEM
Lynchburg , VA 24502
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
For over 50 years, this company has been a leader in material handling and custom automation in the electronics, beverage, consumer packaging, and pharmaceutical, and many other industries. They havedesigned, built, installed, and maintained the largest base of conveying products in the world. These systems are completely made in the U.S.A. and are in use by dozens of Fortune 500 companies, as well as small and medium-sized enterprises.Responsibilities:
- Review customer requirements and propose equipment controls designs to satisfy.
- Design, testing, and implementation of automation systems.
- Prepare engineering and supporting documentation, wiring schematics, assembly drawings, bills of material, and panel machining drawings.
- Interface with manufacturing to ensure equipment conforms to design and customer specifications.
- Participate, along with sales staff, in presentations at company location or prospect locations as required.
- Maintain complete records by project.
- Short duration travel will be required (generally less than 5 days per month), including some international travel.
- Maintain product knowledge and stay current on available technology relevant to company product and service offerings.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 2 4 years experience implementing, optimizing and validating machine controls systems including PLCs, motion control systems, and data acquisition systems is required.
- Familiarity in Robotics programming is required (Fanuc)
- Strong familiarity and programming experience with ABPLC's, HMI, Servo Systems.
- AutoCAD experience and a thorough understanding of Microsoft Suite; primarily Excel, Word and Outlook are required.
Ideal Candidates Should Also:
- Demonstrate a positive team spirit and customer focus.
- Possess strong knowledge of control system technology.
- Work well with vendors and other employees.
- Show an ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude, good communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Strive for continuous improvement and excellence.
- Be resourceful, able to act independently, and recognize when higher intervention may be necessary.
- Be available to travel occasionally nationally and internationally (as required).
- Microsoft experience required.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- AutoCAD experience required, preferably Inventor
- Microsoft Project experience a plus.