VIEW JOBS9/15/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-12-14T00:00What We Are
We're a collection of enterprise solutions that redefine the digital restaurant experience. You might find us a little biased but not in this category. We're badass, all day, everyday - and that comes down to our mission and initiatives. We take restaurants and build out the whole package. We're the OG 3rd-party delivery platform hate-club, putting money and data back into our clients pockets. We're the new age tech nerds that build out performance tools to drive guests to restaurants and only restaurants. We're all from the restaurant industry. We know what we wanted, needed and never got.
Lunchbox is for restaurateurs by restaurateurs & we're shouting that from the rooftops. We're led by food people who care. We regularly launch stuff that helps the industry. We roll up our sleeves and get dirty.
It's also important to note that we have raised $22M+ with our Series A funding led by Coatue.
What We're Not
Well, we're not Grubhub. Not Seamless. Sure in the hell not UberEats. We're not charging our clients a 30% commission on sales and we're definitely not gatekeeping data. We leave all that for the 3rd-party platforms to do.
We're looking for a Controller to join us and own our accounting and financial close process.
What You'll Do
* Own all of the accounting, financial close process and related reporting, including revenue recognition, specifically ASC606, general ledger, AR, AP, commissions and payroll, etc.
* Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; and provide budget to actual variance reporting.
* Prepare financial forecast, update and maintain the company's financial model.
* Maintain internal control for SaaS revenue reporting, accruals, and cash management.
* Manage and comply with sales tax, state, and federal reporting requirements (e.g. multi-state sales tax returns, Form 1099, Form 3921, etc.).
* Prepare materials for annual corporate tax returns and 409A valuation.
* Key partner in the annual budgeting and planning process.
* Research and prepare technical accounting analyses for new accounting pronouncements and/or business initiatives.
* Document and/or update accounting policies and procedures. Create documented policies and controls.
* Serve as the administrator and implement controls, perform troubleshooting, as necessary for the accounting systems stack (i.e. Quickbooks, Expensify, Bill.com, etc.).
* Manage the financial audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit and working with the external auditors.
* Drive process and systems automation to help the company scale efficiently.
* Supervise and mentor a finance staff
What We're Looking For
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
* Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) including ASC606 Revenue Recognition
* 5+ years of experience working in an enterprise SaaS startup preferred completing full cycle monthly close and reporting
* Experience scaling accounting functions and systems for a growth-stage startup
* Experience in a Global Finance/ Accounting setting
* Excellent problem-solving, analytical skills
* Proven ability to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects, along with "wearing multiple hats"
* Ability to work independently as a self-starter and problem-solver with minimum direction, while being a good team player
* Must be detailed orientated and provide a constant, reliable work product.
* Experience completing and/or preparing records for external audits and/or due diligence
* Strong communication skills (oral and written)
* Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets) required
* Experience with Netsuite preferred
Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway!
* We provide learning and development opportunities to help you grow and thrive at Lunchbox.
* Diversity comes from the top. We're a team of all-ages BIPOC & working parents.
* We host fun and social virtual events (like book club meetings, team happy hours, and company-wide talent shows) that help you stay connected with team members all over!
* The opportunity to work with a welcoming, collaborative and badass team!
Some Awesome Benefits:
* Competitive salary and equity packages.
* Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, and vision).
* Online mental health therapy - we make wellness a priority!
* Unlimited PTO from day one and paid leave for all new parents.
* A WFH stipend, monthly wellness allowance, and amazing Lunchbox merchandise.
* The coolest perk ever - we'll pay for any food-related tattoo!
Lunchbox is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This means, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
VIEW JOBS6/11/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-09-09T00:00Company Description
We've all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or 'oh so horrible.'
The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate's experience. Yello's software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world's largest brands connect with their talent, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations. Our solutions help recruiters love their work - and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
~We believe in bringing our authentic selves to work
~We are hungry to learn and are forever curious
~We put our customers first
~We focus on execution and work as a team
~And last but not least, we strive to start with empathy in all of our interactions
About The Role
The Controller directs and manages the daily activities of the accounting team and reports directly to the CFO & COO. In this highly visible role, the Controller accurately maintains the company's financial records while managing cash flow and providing timely, accurate reports for both internal and external partners.
How You'll Make An Impact
* Manage team of accountants to ensure timely, accurate closing of the books on a monthly basis
* Manage the company's banking relationship, credit card program, and daily cash needs
* Ensure compliance with sales tax requirements in the appropriate jurisdictions
* Develop, maintain and enforce revenue recognition and expense policies updating them periodically to ensure compliance with IRS, FASB or other regulatory bodies
* Maintain company SaaS reporting metrics working closely with Business Operations and the Manager of FP&A.
* Produce monthly updates to the company's rolling 12-month forecast. Provide insight to management regarding material changes from budget or previous versions.
* Distribute monthly reporting to department heads detailing variances to budget for the month and YTD
* Manage vendor disbursement requirements
* Produce insightful, analytical monthly management reports for the board and executive team
* Assist in preparation of quarterly board presentations
* Work with outside counsel to ensure all corporate registrations are active and current
* Manage relationship with our Financial and 401K Auditors as well as ensure the accounting team completes each audit in a timely manner
* Maintain the company's stock ledger through Carta and oversee annual 409a valuations
* Respond to inquiries from investors, their auditors or other advisors
* Manage accounting systems (e.g. Netsuite, Expensify, Avatax, etc.)
What We're Looking For
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
* 10+ years of operational accounting experience; prior Controller experience with a SaaS company preferred
* Proficient in MS Excel and NetSuite
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Solid understanding of financial statements and GAAP
* Trustworthiness and the ability to competently communicate are both extremely important
* Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status
* You must be authorized to work in the United States.
* Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.
VIEW JOBS4/28/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-07-27T00:00PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to increase conversion and improve products and the customer experience with ratings and reviews and Q&A software. Ratings and reviews solutions from PowerReviews are essential for consumers as they search and shop online and in-store, and they are proven to increase online site-wide sales up to 17%.
PowerReviews is looking for a Controller that has the breadth of knowledge and experience to make our company successful. The Controller is responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations for all areas relating to financial reporting in our fast paced organization. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of process improvements, the confidence to collaborate within multiple levels of the organization, and the flexibility and willingness to dive in and get things done. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a well established company and build the finance and accounting foundation which will support our expected growth.
* Manage all major portions of the accounting functions including Cash Management, A/P, A/R, G/L, billing, journal entries, reconciliations, month end close, and financial statements.
* Sales and Revenue Operations - Analyze contracts with customers, confirm sales bookings, and monitor and record revenue according to GAAP. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting revenue. Responsible for billing and related sales tax reporting.
* Proactively collaborate with management to develop and maintain accounting processes and controls and the presentation of financial statement in accordance with GAAP. Report financial statements to internal leaders (CEO/COO/VP's)
* Oversee the engagement of outside financial and accounting professional services for sales and income tax preparation and annual audits.
* Streamline and automate accounting processes and procedures to accommodate organizational growth.
* Responsible for the administration of current accounting software - Intacct, Avalara, Expensify.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
* 7-10 years of experience and at least 2 years as a manager level or higher
* Change oriented
* Experience with Intacct
* Experience with Saas Revenue model
* Ability to work in fast pace environment
* Experience managing staff
* Advanced Excel skills
* Previous Saas business experience
* Sales Tax
* Technology start-up experience
* Previous controller experience strongly preferred
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.