Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Lorton , VA 22079
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Careers with our clients through DHG Search
Our client is a well-established construction contractor, based in the Washington DC Metro Area; searching for a Controller. The Controller will provide accounting expertise while overseeing the performance of a small accounting staff.
This individual should have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, the capability and willingness to work with a variety of people at all levels, and the ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work closely with multiple entities and projects. Construction industry experience is required.
- Responsible for the day to day accounting for the organization and monthly financial close and reporting for multiple entities
- Maintenance of a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Reconciliation of G/L accounts.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Review existing accounting functions and procedures and recommend improvements
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Ensure payable, receivable, and payroll functions are performed properly
- Ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles
- Work closely with external parties
- Lead process improvements and integration of tax and statutory reporting functions to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls quality, maintaining ongoing development, implementation and documentation with all applicable statutory reporting and tax procedures, ensuring that Companys exposure is limited in the event of an audit
- Work closely with external tax team and Maintain standardized tax return reporting packages across multiple LLC and work closely with external tax professionals to ensure ongoing compliance
- Ensuring proper accounting of financial relationship between commonly-owned companies is also a priority.
- Develops and maintains accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- Budget and cash flow projections
- Monthly reporting and analysis
- Prepare quarterly reports for external lenders
- Prepare financial statements
- Additional duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License preferred
- 8+ years experience
- Industry experience in Construction is required; Subcontracting experience is preferred
- Percentage Complete accounting and Work in Progress reports (WIP)
- Highly proficient in accounting software applications, including
- Sage 300, Timberline or other ERP
- Detail oriented / hands-on involvement in day to day accounting
- Excellent communication and organizational skills