Seattle , WA 98107
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Cycling Frog is normalizing the consumption of casual use THC products. We are on a mission to make THC convenient, affordable, and fun by making a sessionable THC beverage the same price as a beer or soda. We want to change the way THC is consumed and viewed by our society by focusing on lower potency ready to drink beverages that can easily fit into anyones lifestyle. Under the Federal Farm Bill, we are allowed to sell these low potency THC products across all 50 states via the internet and anywhere you can grab a beer.
We are looking for an experienced Controller to take responsibility for our general accounting and finance operations at Cycling Frog from start to finish. This is a hands-on position that requires both technical skills and the commonsense practicality and leadership of someone who has performed these duties and knows how a business and accounting team operate. We will add to the team as we grow, but for now, youll be a one-person show. We are seeking someone who can perform basic accounting functions and reconciliations, manage sales and income taxes, complete the monthly closing process, create financial statement and reporting, and provide strategic guidance and financial forecasting. The successful candidate combines excellent analytical, technology and business skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to produce, report and analyze financial reports and prepare budgets and forecasts. The ideal candidate will also be able to work effectively and collaboratively with the team our founder and CEO, sales, operations, and the team at our sister company.
This role will be directly responsible for the following:
- Perform all bookkeeping activities. This constitutes primarily of recording daily orders from Shopify and QuickBooks, cash receipts and cash disbursements in the general and subsidiary ledgers. Work with the ecommerce and sales teams to ensure data entry, system setup and usage are done properly to create clean records.
- Perform all Accounts Payable responsibilities. Manage vendor onboarding and payments, Bill.com system and processes, credit applications, and expense reports. Work with the team to streamline our processes and implement more structured approval, budgeting, and payment systems.
- Perform all Accounts Receivable responsibilities. Generate accounts receivable invoices, record payments and credit memos, and reconcile customer accounts. Perform credit and collection activities, as needed.
- Manage reconciliation across the business. Reconcile all general ledger accounts to subsidiary ledgers or detail schedules. Reconcile bank and petty cash accounts. Reconcile customer shipments against outstanding orders and record sales transactions in the general and AR ledgers. Reconcile inventory receipts and shipping costs to invoices and record cost of goods sold.
- Manage payroll and benefits administration. Manage bi-weekly payroll, benefits administration and roll out, and plan setup and negotiation. Responsible for selecting the proper systems and integrating the payroll and benefits solutions with the accounting platform.
- Manage Budgeting setup, implementation, and optimization. Work across departments to develop annual budgets and spend forecasting. Work with IT to implement a budgeting solution to manage spend and purchasing approvals that integrates with the purchasing, financial and inventory systems. Manage the cash flow forecasts and budgets, and work with management to ensure that we can properly and profitably fund our growth.
- Manage financial forecasts, reporting and building metrics. Work with the B2B, DTC, and management team to develop and implement the appropriate financial reports and cadence to provide business clarity and financial insight. Bring financial sophistication to reports and work across departments to improve business profitably. Create weekly and monthly sales and P&L reports for management, and provide valuable analysis and insight to increase profitability, decrease spend and improve business operations.
- Cost of goods sold analysis and reporting. Work with the operations team to develop COGS reporting, analysis, and profitability metrics.
- Manage tax reporting and filing. Manage the implementation and operation of Avalara for sales tax filing. Manage local Washington Sales and Use tax filings. Work with the CFO and management to prepare, estimate and budget for annual tax filings.
- Source and implement/integrate new software programs and extensions with QuickBooks, Shopify, and other third-party providers such as Avalara, WMS systems, etc. Partner across the organization to build out system and project requirements for the accounting data flows and systems to function properly when there are new system integrations or transitions.
- Hire and develop an accounting and finance team as the business grows. Work with the CFO and CEO to determine the right team size, composition, and timeline for hiring the roles.
- Perform other duties as they come up, as this is a startup there is an inevitably of wearing multiple hats.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business administration or similar preferred
- 3+ years as a controller or similar level accounting professional
- 10+ years of accounting experience, with experience in AP, AR, Tax, Payroll and Benefits, and Budgeting.
- Proficient with QuickBooks and similar accounting software is required
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Good interpersonal skills. Effective communicator verbally and written form.
- Outstanding technology and software aptitude. Knowledge of MS Office and Google Suite products. Strong Excel and Google Sheets skills required.
- Self-starter ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be dependable and deliver timely and accurate reporting and respond to internal and external customers in an efficient, professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality is essential.
- Intellectual curiosity the desire to learn, grow and improve.
- Strong understanding of accounting data flows, ideally competent in SQL and able to build and use databases.
- Collaborator. Always willing to help others and assist when and where needed.
- Five weeks PTO
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- 401k plan
- Stock options
- Barbecue and shared garden
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Cycling frog is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.