Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Consultative Search Group
Los Angeles , CA 90071
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Publicly traded REIT seeks a Controller to join their dynamic team
The Controller will direct the Investment Accountings general accounting practices, internal controls and financial analysis and reporting.This is a hands-on role that will require detail involvement in accounting and in the financial closing process. This position will supervise a team of 10.
- Manage and review the Investment Accounting functions for a variety of investment types, including single-loans, loan portfolios, preferred equity, and operating real estate
- Develop and improve processes and timing of monthly close, analytical review of monthly operating results and accounting workbooks and ensure compliance with SOX
- Review accretion calculations, monthly accruals, monthly and quarterly reporting and cash projections.
- Collaborate with operations to identify when hold/disposition assumptions have changed and accretion adjustments are required
- Review and understand partnership agreements and loan agreements
- Review and monitor consolidation/elimination entries are complete and accurate
- Promote and ensure consistency in the treatment of accounting transactions
- Lead, mentor and train the Investment Accounting team, including the development and maintenance of accounting procedures manual
- Interact and coordinate with finance/acquisition/asset management professionals regarding budgeting/forecasting, regulatory and lender reporting, valuation matters
- Coordinate/oversee the preparation of the companys annual budget, monitor operating results and update forecasts; provide ad hoc reporting to management
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors
- 9 12 years of progressive accounting experience with minimum 4 years in Big 4 public accounting
- Current CPA required
- Real estate or financial services industry experience strongly preferred.Experience in investment management or private equity environment is desirable