We are currently seeking a hands-on Controller to join our growing team.
Micro-transactions: accounting for 2,000 plus individual financial credit card transactions a day, including ability to document processes related to incoming funds and refunds, while doing so in a highly automated manner.
Multiple-party transactions: documenting the flow of money through multiple parties and deep understanding of how each party accounts for the movement of that money, and in particular, how each of those parties accounts for Credit Card refunds.
Efficient flow of money: collateralize information, instructions, to our clients, contractors, on how money flows, where audits occur, etc.
Process Engineering: apply strict process and engineering principles to make the movement of all funds in the company extremely efficient, accurate.
Nexus: Deep knowledge of how federal and state taxing authorities view nexus in order to communicate with clients and our outside Nexus attorneys.
Credit Card charges: ability to negotiate with Credit Card companies for favorable rates, return policies, etc.
Bank charges: negotiate favorable terms, including batch and item fees, ACH, transfers, automated tools/APIs to harmonize with our technology.
Nominee Recipient: deep knowledge of the IRS definition of nominee recipient, Third Party Settlement Organization, and Third party network.
Audit/Redundancies: embezzlement protection (2x or 3x redundancies on how money is handled).
Streamline process of paying contractors: efficient, safe, and theft proof; devise additional rapid pay process (ACH, check, PayPal, etc.).
Experience in app accounting or gaming industries a plus.
Experience in start up environment a plus.
Perform other related duties as assigned by Manager.
Adhere to the policies of the organization as described in the Employee Manual.
Hands-on leadership of financial team
Empathy and Compassion
Prior experience and expertise communicating with all levels of the organization, as well as external client base
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Generous compensation and bonus plan
Full suite of health benefits
Paid time off
Catered team member Monday breakfast and Friday lunch
Monthly social events (roller skating, volleyball, billiards)
VIEW JOBS10/18/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-16T00:00<p>An international real estate investment trust firm is looking for a senior controller with a CPA to lead the company's Orange County accounting group by leading the accounting group's financial reporting, financial analyses, accounting practices, and analyzing and implementing best practices to name a few responsibilities. The Controller will report tot he VP of Accounting. </p><p>Responsibilities</p><ul><li>Develop and improve processes and timing of monthly close, perform analytical review of monthly operating results and accounting workbooks, and ensure compliance with SOX</li><li>Review monthly accruals, monthly and quarterly reporting, and cash projections.</li><li>Assist with the preparation of the company’s annual budget, monitor operating results, and update forecast.</li><li>Lead, mentor, and train the accounting team</li></ul><p>Experience</p><ul><li><strong>CPA license required</strong>; inactive license is acceptable</li><li>Experience managing accounting teams and employees</li><li><strong>Real estate or financial services industry experience strongly preferred</strong></li><li>Experience in investment management or private equity environment is desirable</li><li>Strong GAAP experience necessary</li></ul><p>IMMEDIATE OPENING!!!</p><p> </p>Consultative Search GroupIrvineCA
VIEW JOBS11/6/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-04T00:00Requisition ID: 14148
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Business Unit Financial Controller to join our team in Irvine, CA (1750). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This Role will report to the CFO and be the financial partner to the VP/GM and leadership staff of our Electro-Mechanical Systems aerospace business unit. It is an exciting time for personal and business growth for us, and this position will play a key leadership role in our success.
This role is responsible for monitoring and controlling the financial operations of our business, including maintaining and developing their staff. However we are not just looking for someone who understands the financial practices, but also someone who strives to be a well rounded business leader. We not only achieve results, but do it in a way that engages our employees. Therefore this person must be a cultural fit. Job Responsibilities of this role and their staff include:
* Coordinate, administer and control financial operations.
* Partner with the VP/GM to predictably manage our financial results, as well as present them to senior management
* Provide financial planning and control of our research & development activities through a professional staff that leads the analysis of the earned value management system, and controls our budgets
* Analyzing financial results; Applying accepted accounting methods; Controlling to budgets; Generating reports on sales, manufacturing costs, etc.; Reviewing contractual terms and conditions.
* Proactively partnering with the staff to manage our Profit & Loss, as well as the risks and opportunities on a monthly basis.
* Coordinate and prepare quarterly, annual, and five year strategic financial forecasts.
* Direct all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts.
* Ensures all expenses are properly charged/allocated in compliance with Government Cost Accounting Standards.
* Ensures all financial transactions are in accordance with GAAP.
* Ensures compliance with internal procedures and DAR/FAR government regulations.
* Manages/oversees financial aspects of Joint Ventures, LLC's and other financial entities within the business/portfolio.
* Understands international operations and manages complex projects across boundaries.
* Oversees operational activities.
* Responsible for the prioritization of resources to focus on work necessary to meet operational objectives and business unit goals.
* Oversee planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods including the strategic activities of our Gated Decision Point process
* Oversee a business unit
* Responsible for the budget.
* Responsible for the review of Program Budgets and warranty accrual.
* Responsible for review of business plans through our Gated Decision Point Process.
* May hold accountability for ensuring unqualified audits throughout the Enterprise. Responsible for adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing procedures throughout subsidy
* Develop strategic planning for enterprise and organizational development initiatives: Talent Management, Performance Management, Change Management, Training, Organizational Design, Due diligence concerning Integration of Acquisitions.
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
* Honest, Transparent, Integrity
* Solid working knowledge of:
* Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Profit & Loss statements
* Balance Sheet
* Cash Flow Statements
* Financial budgeting, monitoring, and control of Research & Development programs
* Emotional Intelligence
* Someone who is a partner in managing the business, not just to manage the books
* Invested in the people, developing their staff
* Desire and Ability to grow beyond this role
Additional experience a plus:
* Experience in a controller role, or a financial leadership role
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
VIEW JOBS10/24/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-22T00:00Overview:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
As a Controller you will establish and implement working capital control programs, enforcing policies designed to maximize internal control of inventories, cash and equipment. You will be responsible for preparation of financial and operating reports and conduct and document moderate financial analysis projects.
* Weekly/Monthly operating reports
* Projections by venue
* Cash reconciliation
* Deferred income
* Meal Plan billing, record keeping, system maintenance
* Accounts receivable
* Account Payable
* Client communication regarding financial aid meal plan, client reports, contracts, assets,
* SOX survey
* Audits ; including cash be venue
* Audits - contact yearly CPA auditors
* Financials; reporting, analyzing, communicating to operators, budgeting
* MRS reporting
* Ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
* 5+ years of experience in AP/AR, payroll, guest ledger/city ledger and P&L.
* The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential.
* The ability to work closely with a team in budgeting, cost controls and monthly reporting is critical.
* Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran