Westlake Village , CA 91362
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Consider joining our growing team at Accessory Power. We manufacture several brands of consumer electronics tech accessories: GOgroove | ENHANCE | ReVIVE | USA Gear along with a handful of other lines and various accessory products. We're growing! Become a vital member of our team and our growth.
The Financial Controller serves as a strategic business partner within the Executive Team, supporting the day-to-day operation of the Company, and overseeing all aspects of Finance and Asset Management. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, people-oriented, supportive, fair, and must be comfortable working hands-on, in the trenches, and capable of thriving in an entrepreneurial culture, while demonstrating a dedication, flexibility, and willingness to work long hours including occasional weekends or evenings to meet deadlines and help the Company make critical decisions.
During these difficult times, as we ease our way back into the office by exceeding State and Local Government Safety Requirements, this position will report full-time to our HQ in Westlake Village, CA.Job Responsibilities:
- Manage all Accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, G/L, Inventory/Cost Accounting, Bank Reconciliations, Revenue Recognition and Tax Filings.
- Prepare month-end closing; prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual P&L consolidations, Financial Statements, and other operational reports consistent with GAAP and Company Policy.
- Collaborate with Managers, The Executive Team and outside CPA to review results, make improvements, manage projects, identify inefficiencies, understand operations and lead the development of complex analysis. Go over business matters and develop plans to increase profitability.
- Lead/Development of annual budgets and monthly rolling financial forecast. Challenge assumptions and optimize on risk or opportunities.
- Review of Employee Expense reports and credit card expense statements.
- Assist with processing of payments in a timely manner (wires and checks).
- Act as a strategic owner and problem solver of the business. Balance both long term and short terms needs. Lead team to drive necessary changes both in personnel expansion and technology adoptions.
- Understand Sales Trends by Customers, and Market Segments
- Work with Team to forecast and manage our Just In Time Inventory
- Perform on-going analysis of inventory, and partner with Logistics team to improve inventory accuracy and turns.
- Asses and provide necessary talent development to support current business needs as well as future growth. Mentor and develop a cohesive team.
- Ensure all Human Resources and payroll functions are operational and handle employee issues as needed. Provide analytical insight and support to the leadership team.
- Serve as a Strategic Lead in developing, implementing, and maintaining Best-In-Class information technology for Finance.
- Formal Education in Accounting and experience in a Manufacturing environment is required.
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting along with a minimum of 5 years of Accounting and Finance leadership.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Financial Controller.
- Strong skills and knowledge of Accounting Theory and application of financial principles (GAAP).
- Excellent Excel skills including Pivot Tables, and Data Analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results, meet deadlines, and manage complex and shifting priorities.
- Attention to detail coupled with ability to see the bigger picture.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and develop positive cross-functional working relationships.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to lead teams and accomplish goals and has the ability to mentor talent and foster career development.
- Can effectively evaluate complex Financial options, execute a plan of action and communicate resolution to appropriate parties.
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools such as Asana, Basecamp, and Microsoft Power Point.
- CPA, MBA, CMA.
- Experience with Consumer Product Manufacturing and/or Distribution.
Our staff works hard and plays hard too. During normal non-COVID times, we sponsor many fun activities such as on-site massage treatments, evening softball and basketball leagues, company outings and events, quarterly department lunches, and even an on-site fitness facility and weekly yoga classes. Accessory Power full time employees are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package including: Vacation, Paid Holidays, Health Care, and Free Dental & Vision coverage.
This position offers considerable performance incentives.