Carlsbad , CA 92008
Posted 9 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work where our employees are our most important asset and great ideas count more than titles.
Proficio provides always-on cybersecurity protection services and is a global Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) and leader in Managed Detection and Response (MDR). Our 24/7 security operations center (SOC) helps clients detect critical threats and rapidly respond to prevent the risk of a security breach.
We are changing the way organizations meet their IT security and compliance goals by providing the most advanced managed security services without the cost and complexity of acquiring sophisticated software or operating your own SOC.
Proficio seeks an experienced Paralegal for its in-house legal department in Carlsbad, California. We are looking for a specialized Paralegal to process all of our contract work for services and act as liaison with outside legal counsel that handles our complex legal matters and projects. You will work closely with our sales, quotations, and client service teams to process contracts for new business, contract addendums, and contract extensions.
- Responsible for the drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and managing of contracts for our services. This work will also include areas such as:
- Processing our NDAs
- Creating Master Services Agreements
- Creating Statements of Work (SOWs)
- Review/Write reseller agreements for sales through our channel partners
- Assist with the management of company online contract request system, including updating templates according to new company procedures, guidelines or legal requirements.
- Act as our Agent for Service of Process
- Assist in the production of due diligence documents and RFP requests
- Maintain and manage contracts workflow in an organized manner, including assisting with implementation of contract systems and processes.
- Legal projects as assigned
- Work independently without close supervision, proactively initiating projects and identifying ways to continuously improve templates, streamline processes and operations while exercising strong judgment.
- Own the DocuSign process and records management for all signatory documents
- Process our patent filings
- 3-5+ years experience as a paralegal in a corporate setting for a California based firm
- Paralegal certification required, Bachelors degree preferred
- Background with a technology focused firm highly preferred
- 3+ years focused work on contracts required, 1+ years focused work on California employment law highly preferred
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and possess initiative and ability shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
LOCATION & TRAVEL:
No travel associated with this position. Work is designated as in office for this role.
- Peer training and mentoring with upward mobility
- Medical, Dental and Vision health plans and other benefits from day 1
- 401K plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Weekly ProLunch, Game Room and fun employee activities!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Voluntary Life Insurance programs
- Relevant continuing education and certifications