Position Review: Assist customers and contractors by providing product dimension information, both in person and over the phone. May be instructed to establish sales relationships with targeted, key builder accounts, and assist walk-in customers as required.
Essential Job Duties:
1.Responds to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations, complaints and scheduling of deliveries and installations, and providing customer follow-ups.
2.Initiates telephone calls to customers to generate sales to achieve a projected sales goal.
3.Handles telephone calls, writes orders, resolves problems, and relays any information for those individuals.
4.Provides accurate and complete materials for single/multiple family home projects.
5.Provides technical assistance to drafting and engineering as required.
6.Analyzes and sizes various lumber products using company software.
7.Coordinates purchase and delivery of special products.
8.Codes and inputs customer orders into database
9.Creates accurate and complete invoices, work orders, and sales tickets.
10. Maintains stock levels on the sales floor and in the stockroom
11. Operates and balances cash register daily
12. Researches credits, returns, and late payments as needed.
13. Works with outside sales representatives to ensure customer satisfaction.
14. Other duties as assigned by location management.
Additional Showroom Duties:
15. Facilitate acceptable level of service and communication with customers on the showroom floor and via phone.
16. Responsible for the showroom appearance, the physical integrity and pride.
17. Close the sale by selling company value (The best people, products, and service.)
18. Assist with physical inventory.
19. Maintain current product knowledge.
20. Attend assigned training and meetings as required increase knowledge of entire product offering.
21. Write and sign thank you notes to all whole house selections in the showroom.
22. Develop new business leads
23. Basic ability to read and understand blueprints.
24. Facilitate product selection of scheduled and walk-in showroom customers, using proper forms to assure consistent records of selections.
25. Maintain individual tracking syssystem to assure proper attention of orders and quotations.
26. lMaintain individual sales goals set by local manager.
27. Work schedule includes evenings and Saturday as required.
28. Participate in area trade associations meetings and events.
29. Support efforts of outside sales associate.
30. Other duties as assigned by location management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1.Minimum education required High School Diploma, college degree preferred.
2.Minimum experience required 2 years in building material industry with extensive knowledge of product and application, sales experience a plus
3.Special skills required Ability to operate computer, calculator & cash register.
4.Knowledge of building materials, applications, related equipment, and/or construction industry.
5.Good interpersonal and customer relations skills, vendor knowledge, ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations and excellent oral and written communication skills.
6.Should be familiar with Computer, printer, copy machine, fax machine, engineers scale/ruler, mechanical tools, inventory and inventory control.
7.Must be able to drive and walk throughout lumber yards, warehouse and offices, computer literate with Microsoft Office products and Trend system. Lifting 20 lb. objects constantly, 50 lb. objects frequently and 100 lb. objects occasionally.
US LBM Holdings