Schedule: as needed - PRN
The Physical Therapist provides comprehensive diagnostic services to patients referred for a possible dysfunction in the areas of gross motor development, orthopedic abnormality, or neurological deficits in the facility or an approved home care setting. With physician referral and approval, treatment plans are implemented to address deficits identified in any, or all of these areas. Goals are set to move the individual toward his or her maximum level of independence and/or function.
FLSA Status: Contract
The following is a summary of major essential functions of the Physical Therapist. Other duties may be performed as permitted by Texas laws and regulations adopted by the state agencies that are not mentioned here.
Specific functions may, from time to time, change. These functions include:
Treat fellow therapists, clients and administrative staff with respect and politeness. To come to work on time and follow established dress code policies.
1.Performs comprehensive evaluations of referred patients using standardized testing tools and/or other accepted assessment methods. Documents results in format approved by facility.
2.Provides physical therapy for all types of pediatric physical dysfunctions.
3.Safely apply any modalities utilized including electrical stimulation, ultrasound, etc.
4.Monitor equipment to be sure it is safe before using with a patient.
5.Maintain the well-being and safety of the patient during treatment.
6.Completes all documentation that is required for each patient (progress notes, summaries, re-evaluations)
7.Communicates to physicians, appropriate members of staff, patient and family members regarding patient needs and progress, either by documentation or, if necessary, direct contact.
8.Supplies billing information to appropriate staff, in a proper and timely manner for all patient procedures.
9.Participates in and attends rehabilitation team conferences and clinic staff meetings as scheduled.
10. Provides supervision for staff Physical Therapist Assistants.
11. Ensures each patient is assessed by PT at least once every 30 days.
12. Provide clinical supervision to any PT or PTA students completing clinical hours in the facility.
13. Observes patient confidentiality and follows HIPAA guidelines.
14. Monitor inventory of supplies and equipment. Request orders of needed supplies and equipment in a timely manner to avoid emergency ordering.
15. Keeps informed of changes and innovation in the field through professional contacts, literature, and workshops.
16. Continually pursue professional growth and act as a Resource for expertise in the field of Physical Therapy.
17. Assume personal responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
18. Provide education and counseling to patients and their families that will reinforce the therapy provided in the clinic.
19. Provide education related to Physical Therapy to staff and the general public upon request.
20. Either attends and actively participates in or obtains an excused absence and arranges for make up for all mandatory meetings and in services.
21. Suggests and develops new patient programs and ideas for treatment as appropriate.
22. Demonstrate skills of effective time management.
23. Demonstrate positive interpersonal communications skills while maintaining standards of professional ethics.
24. Be familiar with home health agency policies and procedures. Protects patient rights as defined by the patient Bill of Rights.
25. Perform other duties as delegated, required, or requested.
Must be a graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program.
Current Texaslicense to practice Physical Therapy by the Texas Board of Physical and Occupational Therapy Examiners.
Must be competent to treat pediatrics and adolescents
Must be CPR certification for all age groups
Computer skills Microsoft Word preferred
All employees are eligible for competitive professional salaries recognizing experience and education. We strive for excellence in patient care and employee satisfaction stressing teamwork and dedication.
Cole Health offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including: Paid Vacation and Sick Time, Health and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance, Retirement Savings and much more.
Cole Health is about bringing hope and changing lives here and around the world. Cole Health has been serving the Houston community for more than 10 years.
We help our patients, employees and physicians perform at their best. Through our Speech-Language, Physical and Occupational Therapy, and Nursing programs adults and children improve their communication, enhance their mobility and become more independent.
Cole Health has grown to include Cole Pediatric Therapy (9 Pediatric Outpatient Facilities in the Greater Houston Area, San Marcos, Kyle and Austin),and Cole Rehabilitation (and 3 Outpatient Facilities in the Greater Houston Area).
Capability to lift, guard, transfer, and maneuver patients of all sizes and weights, utilizing assistance or special equipment as needed on a recurring basis and in a safe manner
Manual dexterity and visual acuity to safely apply all necessary modalities and operation of equipment.
Must be able to follow written procedures and verbal directives.
Mobility to work with young clients.
Additional Requirements for Employment
Current CPR certification.
Physical Therapists must obtain 30 continuing education hours every two years to maintain their Texas State Licensure. Two hours of the 30 hours required, must be board-approved programs in ethics and professional responsibility.