Contract IT Risk Analyst
Shulman Fleming & Partners
Jersey City , NJ 7097
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Contract IT Risk Analyst
MUST be local to Jersey City. This position with start remotely and eventually move to onsite.
The Information Technology Risk Management Unit (ITRMU) provides First Line-of-Defense Risk Management support for the technology dept. ITRMU conducts Information Technology and Information Security risk assessments within the Bank. Some of the assessments performed by ITRMU include technology risk, cyber risk, application criticality, application controls, infrastructure controls, and third party, project and risk exception assessments.
IT Risk analyst will be responsible for execution of various Risk Assessments, reporting the results and tracking of open issues in accordance with the defined procedures within the Bank.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure assessments, project and task deliverable dates are met
- Conduct Information Security, Information Technology, Cyber Security, application risk, Disaster Recovery Planning, Risk Control Self-Assessment, Onsite (i.e. data center) assessment and other IT risk assessments
- Perform assessments of an IT Risk Acceptance request to identify risks and mitigating controls as well as follow-up on necessary approvals
- Document observations for existing IT control processes and identified issues in assessment questionnaire during disaster recovery planning exercises
- Prepare monthly KRI reports
- Discuss findings with stakeholders and follow up on agreed upon action plans and target completion dates
- Determine if proposed technology solutions have cross-functional impact or risks to other units and to identify areas of efficiency
- Provide appropriate information share and updates with senior management and other key stakeholders
- Performing various IT Risk assessments and risk associated projects (i.e. identify framework workflow process; perform gap analysis, etc.) defined by the manager
- Provide root cause analysis, along with conclusion on production issues
- Bachelors degree, Experience in managing the completion of assessments is essential. PMP not required but preferred
- Self-starter is a MUST, able to work with limited instructions.
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience in performing IT assessments, required
- Strong business, analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Solid understanding of project life cycle AND risk management concepts and processes.
- Strong IT Risk management skills
- Minimum of 5 years track record of delivery of major risk and finance initiatives at large and complex financial institutions