Content Writer / Strategist (Full Time-Remote)
Connect Staffing And Consulting
Columbia , SC 29212
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Content Writer/Strategist - 100% Remote
Seeking full-time writer who has experience writing high-quality content that passes the Google Test. (If you were Google, would you rank your post #1?) You will be responsible for your own section of the company website and for growing its traffic and leads. This means researching a topic to find unique insights that provide readers with new, useful information and advice.
Their focus is on long-form, written content that educate their audience. In addition to high-quality writing, successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to manage customer accounts and their content workflows. This role reports to a content strategist, and also works closely with one or more of our editors.
This can be a tough challenge, but its also highly rewarding. Youll see your work become a dependable source of knowledge for home buyers and sellers and know youre contributing to the collective success of your team.
You will have the opportunity to pursue professional development and performance-based bonuses. Top writers have a clear path to meaningful compensation, in addition to hundreds of thousands of readers of their work.
Our client is a small, tightly-knit, and growing team committed to making an impact, one piece of content at a time. The team comes from a diverse, and often unconventional backgrounds. Were all united by our love for our readers, compassion for supporting our team, and dedication to how were transforming the world of real estate!
THE SKILL SET
- You write content that is clear, easy to read, and more engaging than similar content.
- Produce on-brand long-form content while executing on SEO opportunities
- You are able to communicate complex topics in ways that are relatable and understandable for readers.
- You have experience writing for online publications.
- You are able to bring unique, thoughtful insights to your content that arent already on Google. This can come from research or from personal experience.
- You have an understanding of CRO (conversion rate optimization) and how to incorporate a brand naturally into content when appropriate.
- You are highly organized and able to manage your time to meet deadlines.
- You have proven experience delivering value-based communications.
- You have empathy for readers and curiosity to understand their needs and wants.
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL
- Attend onboarding where youll learn about all aspects of the business including sales, marketing, and engineering, while getting to meet your new team members.
- Gain a clear understanding of the business model, and build a mental map of the types of readers who find our company online.
- Learn CMS, and be able to easily upload and edit posts.
- Develop skills in analyzing data on your posts performance, to learn wheres their opportunities to improve on in the future.
- Understand and be able to write in the companys brand voice.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU'LL
- See how the posts youve worked are starting to receive traffic on new posts, or more traffic on updated traffic.
- Be able to consistently edit and create new posts that generate both traffic and leads.
- Become an expert about your specific niche, and be ready to think about expanding to another.
- Your vertical will be performing at or above goal, and you will be eligible for your first bonus.
- Partner cross-functionally with our CRO team to achieve maximum value from your posts.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Have achieved the top rankings for some of your highest value posts.
- Will have built a system that lets you balance your time between nurturing your best posts on Google, leveling up posts to get them on the first page, and generating new content that can provide even more traffic and leads.
- Outperform goals for both traffic and leads.
- Your compensation will increase with your performance, in both salary and equity.
- You will have expanded your content vertical beyond what you were initially hired for.
- You will have built relationships with our team, and have friendships that span outside the office.
- Provide feedback for process improvements which makes the team more efficient.
- Get involved in hiring and growing the team by referring new writers, and potentially helping to interview candidates.
- Help train new writers by participating in team on-boarding sessions.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Take an effective approach to strategic planning in each of your owned verticals; planning out a 12-month roadmap which continuously progresses toward new traffic goals, and new areas of opportunity.
- Be maintaining many top rankings for your highest value posts
- Be an expert in your vertical, and will have your work featured in several top publications and news sites.
40k-$80k based on role and experience.