Content Marketing Specialist - 1871
1871 Member Companies
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 3 days ago
The story of the Great Fire of 1871 isnt really about the fire. Its about what happened next: a remarkable moment when Chicagos most brilliant engineers, architects and inventors came together to build a new city. Their innovations born of passion and practical ingenuity shaped not just Chicago, but the modern world. Today, Chicagos brightest founders, entrepreneurs, digital designers, and engineers are developing new technologies, disrupting old business models, and resetting the boundaries of whats possible.
Come to a place where you can share ideas, make mistakes, work hard, grow professionally and, with a little luck, change the world.
Our team of dedicated professionals inspire, equip, and support founders to build extraordinary businesses. To make it happen, we need an extraordinary Content Marketing Specialist.
- Do you just love how digital storytelling spans across a spectrum of mediums?
- Do you feel comfortable diving into any project that comes across your plate?
- Would you classify one of your strengths as #breathinglifeintoexcitingcreativevisionsandcampaigns?
Well, you may have just found your dream job.
1871 is looking for an energetic Content Marketing Specialist to join our team at one of the worlds leading digital technology hubs. You will help advance 1871s visibility, reputation, and relevance within our Founder community, potential members, partners, the media, and the general public.
This position has three main drivers: being a jack of all trades content execution expert, being a collaborative team member, and feeling comfortable with digital content metrics.
You will be part of a team of talented creatives and develop content that creates an impact, cultivates leads, and generates conversions. Youre coming in with skillsets in Adobe Creative Suite and creative writing. This role will be heavily concentrated on digital content marketing, but just the same, youll have to feel as comfortable designing old school print-and-starch posters.
Paramount to success? Be versatile and comfortable with change and the unknown.
- Content Creation The be all, end all mission of this position: create and execute content based on our strategic initiatives across all our mediums from digital to social to events and IRL shindigs. Your goal is to create content that wows our audience, empathizes with them, and creates long term, impactful relationships
- Assist the Director of Marketing Communications in content creation and planning/executing marketing campaigns through copywriting, design, and mixed media content creation
- Become the 1871 brand champion, understanding the ins and outs of the 1871 brand, its use cases, and its guidelines
- Update and maintain 1871.com in coordination with our digital design agency
- Draft and schedule content across various channels, including social media, newsletters, the 1871 blog, paid ads, IRL posters, digital collateral for the mediums across our physical space, and more
- Communications and PR Assist in the execution of our communications strategy including all digital communications and PR
- Own the organization and distribution channels for 1871 collateral and content (google drive, media server, etc.)
- Execute plans to re-use and repurpose content across multiple digital mediums (Blog, YouTube, social media, newsletters, and more)
- Leverage social media channels as tools for engagement with 1871's member ecosystem and Chicago's broader tech community
- Marketing Analytics and Metrics Assist in the analysis of the content marketing and communications KPIs and OKRs.
- Identify, track, and improve key digital content metrics to drive 1871's mission and communications strategies (web, social, blog, etc.)
- Use monitoring and listening tools in order to understand and report on the brands reach and reputation amongst our audience in SEO, social, etc.
- Collaboration Were turning our marketing organization into a well-oiled content marketing machine! From working alongside talented staff to vendors and the 1871 community, creative and exciting opportunities come from a number of areas.
- Align with team on strategic goals for the organization
- Contribute to our strategy capitalizing on your skills and talents
- Engage enthusiastically with your talented counterparts in content production
- Collaborate directly with our vendor organizations to deliver on amazing content
- Coordinate with the marketing team to ideate and execute compelling digital content across all mediums including the web, social media, web, the blog, newsletters, and more
- Project management skills and a key understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
- Respond promptly and professionally to client inquiries
- Source creative content opportunities for 1871 from our extensive network including founders, members, corporate, community, and university partners
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (i.e. Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Spark, and Rush)
- Proficiency in creative writing
- Basic knowledge of photography (framing, lighting, shooting, editing)
- Basic knowledge of videography
- Versed in SEO/SEM
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking
- Experience representing a known brand via social channels, especially Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Skilled in using social media automation and analytics tools, e.g. Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Hubspot, etc.
- Experience utilizing marketing automation tools
- Experience in creating visual content via graphic design, photo, video, or mixed media.
- Ability to balance high creativity with strong execution
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Strong interpersonal skills a must
- Confidence, good judgement, and the ability to exercise discretion
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Docs, and web searches
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Adhere to deadlines and workflows
- You value working as part of a team and communicating.
- You are both highly creative and organized with a strong ability to execute.
- You are tactical; you meet deadlines and deliver on day-to-day tasks.
- You understand the role of video and other storytelling techniques in achieving successful marketing outcomes.
- You have a strong visual eye.
- You are a strong writer with attention to detail.
- You have a passion for technology and entrepreneurship.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile startup environment.
- You are adaptable and an out-of-the-box problem solver: and when an issue arises, you are solutions-focused.
- You are effective in working under tight deadlines, prioritizing issues and managing concurrent assignments
- Youre in the know for cutting edge communication techniques, tools, and digital resources.
1871 offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, opportunities to participate in workshops and events and more!
THE WORK PERKS:
- Convenient downtown location with coffee shops, restaurants, and bars nearby.
- Access to workshops and programs put on by industry experts
- An energetic and inspiring atmosphere of founders, startups, community members, universities, and corporations
- Wear jeans and casual wear. (Were tech, so #HOODIES and #PATAGONIAVESTS are SO IN RN!)
- Participate in activities led by 1871s Employee Resource Group (ERG): The 187Fun Committee.
- Work as a part of a diverse team.
- Access to a Chicago Tech Perks package as part of Chicagos leading digital tech hub.
1871/CEC is an equal employment opportunity employer with a strong focus on crafting an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position.