Content Lead, Creator Network
Mountain View , CA 94040
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
About News Break
News Break defines a new way for users to engage with local news. Since its founding in 2015, it has grown by leaps and bounds. Were now the largest intelligent local news platform in the U.S.
News Break is ranked the #1 news app on both iOS and Android. With 11M+ daily active users and 23M+ monthly users (data source: App Annie), were also ahead of all major news apps such as The New York Times, CNN News, The Washington Post, Yahoo News, and SmartNews. We're a series-C startup headquartered at Mountain View, California.
We've been growth 3X every 12 months in both user base and revenue. Right now, we're aggressively expanding our team and looking for senior talents to accelerate our growth. Looking for you to lead our next steps!
For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
About the Role
We're seeking a seasoned and passionate content lead to drive the development of our content creator network. This role will be responsible for the strategy development, execution planning, creator recruiting, and management of the creator network of News Break, which will serve as the core of content creation engine for News Break's content supply vision in the next 5 years. The leader will also build and manage a team to drive the expansion of the content network.
- Develop creator network overall strategy, incl. content strategy, format, target influencers, target users, distribution strategy, product strategy (by working with product and engineering team) as well as the staffing plan
- More importantly, the detailed planning and execution of the creator strategy, especially on how to "cold-start" the network development, how to reach out to target influencers, and how to do the development to recruit
- While building the team, the head needs to develop the network by rolling up the sleeves and conducting actual tasks such as recruiting the first batch of pilot influencers, optimize the content, and run promotion campaigns
- Constantly work with the management, engineering, and product team to evaluate the performance of creator content, and made a rapid adjustment to make sure we're heading toward the goal
- Organize and attend creator network events and promote the NB network as much as possible
- Run business development with key partners (association, agency, other creator network or platforms) to drive inorganic growth in creators and creator content
- 5+ years of experience in creator network development and management
- Extensive experience in the influencer marketing and freelancer content creation ecosystem
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results from end-to-end
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills (Excel proficiency); ability to identify trends and use data to back up recommendations
- Strong writing, presentation and negotiation skills
- High-energy, driven, curious personality with proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- BA or equivalent required