Circle Pines , MN 55014
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Norhart is driven by a simple purpose, to create a better way for us all to live. To fulfill that purpose, we need a fantastic team. As a Construction Worker, you play an integral role in creating the quality apartments for our residents to call home for years to come. You will work with our team in new construction, building apartments from the ground up. To be successful in this role you must be reliable, detail oriented, and communicate effectively. Exceptional candidates are those who are driven, love to work hard alongside their team, have excellent leadership skills, and are dedicated to teaching others.
Why Work at Norhart?
- Great Culture! We received the 2022 Star Tribune's "Minnesota Top Workplaces Award"! Working alongside great people at a great company makes your job and your life better.
- Growth opportunity! We are growing like crazy and company growth creates career opportunities for our employees.
- Steady work in a consistent location! Our construction team works year-round getting 40+ hours per week. Our large apartment complexes take a couple years to build, giving you a consistent location to show up to each day. This consistent work means, no lay-offs as we have projects set up to fuel our long term growth!
- We pay at the top of the market! We consistently monitor pay ranges in the industry and we choose to pay at the top of the market because we want the best people working here! From Apprentice 1 all the way through Journeyman, we make sure our employees are well paid!
- Journeyman - $40.00/hr
- Apprentice 4 - $37.00/hr.
- Apprentice 3 - $33.00/hr.
- Apprentice 2 - $28.00/hr.
- Apprentice 1 - $23.00/hr.
- Great Benefits! We have fantastic benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement contributions, and so much more! Our benefits start on the first of a new month of employment.
- Unlimited Paid-Time-Off!!! This is something unique in our industry. We want our employees bringing their full selves to work and giving it their all. This means sometimes you need to recharge and our unlimited PTO plan helps our employees do just that.
NORHARTS MISSION, PURPOSE & VALUES:
Mission: Building and managing awesome apartments
Purpose: Creating a better way for us all to live
Values: A great team is made up of great people. In our company these people exhibit 5 key values. These values are a way of life for everyone who works here. From our top-level managers to entry level employees these values are lived out every day. We hire and promote based on these characteristics. To be successful here you too must embody these values.
- Achieve Great Things: We love our work! We were born to do it. We accomplish far more than what others thought possible. We exhibit unrelenting reliability. When we say something will be done, it will be done. We solve the root problem instead of settling for a quick fix.
- Improving Something Every Day: We dare to question the status quo. We are always looking for ways to simplify, automate, and change the normal workflow. One way that we do this is to dedicate ourselves to make small changes and improvements every day, with the expectation that those small improvements will add up to something significant.
- Be a Genuine Human: Being a genuine human means that we are kind, supportive, and humble. We share credit, admit our mistakes, and learn from them. We are open, honest, and vulnerable. Its about being fully and painfully honest about work related issues in a respectful and positive way while building professional friendships.
- Obsessing Over the Resident Experience: Obsessing over the resident experience means we strive to ensure a frictionless environment for our tenants such as caring about every little impact our work has on them. It is relentlessly improving our building designs, taking on feedback, and considering their overall well-being in every action we take. From the moment we break ground on a new project, to the final day we serve a resident, it is the responsibility of EVERY Norhart employee to OBSESS over the experience that resident is going to have with us.
- Level Yourself Up: We want to be the best in the world at what we do. We want to be so much better than the competition that the fight isnt fair. We own our own self-improvement, and we push our mentors to teach us more. We are always looking for ways to improve our company, our team, and ourselves.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Here at Norhart, we self-perform the majority of the trades. We are looking for Carpenters, Plumbers, Concrete Workers, Drywall Workers, and Painters to join our team!
- Learn a trade
- Work with a fantastic crew of people
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines
- Assist equipment operator, and other skilled labor when necessary
- Ensure team has secured job site, tools, and materials at end of each day
- At least 6 months of construction experience
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Proficient in using tools
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds as needed
- Comfortable with ladders & heights
- A can-do attitude
- Must pass criminal background check
- Valid drivers license and reliable vehicle with proper insurance
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Fantastic Health Care Plan offering a $0 monthly premium for coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Retirement Plan with company match up to 3% (Simple IRA)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holidays)
- Volunteer Time Off (16 hours per year of paid time off to volunteer at your favorite charity)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Training & Development
- Career Advancement Opportunities