Kearney , NE 68847
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are currently seeking a skilled Construction Worker to join our growing company. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, willingness to travel, and dependability are a must.
- $19-$22 per hour depending on experience
- 50 or more hours per week (no weekend work)
- Some projects require being out of town Monday-Friday (home on weekends)
- Transportation provided from Kearney, NE when working out of town
- Paid travel time
- Hotel paid by company
- Nightly per diem for meals when working out of town
- Year-round employment (no winter layoffs)
- Work manual labor outside in a variety of weather and environmental settings.
- Assist the main pipe layer in laying push joint pipe including sanitary sewer, storm sewer and water main.
- Shovel dirt and bedding during pipe laying operations.
- Assist carpenters with the building of concrete structures. This includes setting forms, pouring concrete and tie rebar.
- Run compaction equipment for backfill operations around pipe, manholes and concrete structures.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds individually or as a team when carrying loads heavier than 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl throughout each day.
- Complete other manual labor tasks associated with projects.
- Operate heavy equipment consistent with skill level and training.
- Willingness to abide by all safety rules. Safety training will be provided on the job and via formal training.
- Valid drivers license preferred but not required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Paid vacations after one year of service
- Paid holidays upon hire
- Health Insurance: Company pays half of the premiums for employee and family members
- Life Insurance: Company pays half of the premiums for employee and family members
- 401k plan including company match (immediate vesting of company match)
- Cafeteria/Flexible Benefits Plan
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance