Philadelphia , PA 19123
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for overseeing all construction projects currently in development under our construction company, Under Construction. He/she will operate both in the field and in the corporate office to provide direct support and supervision to all vendors and subcontractors. The Superintendent reports directly to the VP of Construction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, and manages complex construction projects, including but not limited to adaptive reuse, general construction, single-family home flips, office buildings, and mixed-use retail and residential.
- Assists with conducting property inspections, completing environmental and engineering reports, obtaining all necessary permits and establishing building budgets.
- Oversees, manages, and facilitates all project phases from planning to the design phase.
- Evaluates specifications for plan procedures, start and completion dates, and staffing requirements for each phase of the construction project.
- Prepares statements of work for services, supplies and construction as required.
- Develops innovative strategies to launch projects in the most effective manner.
- Oversees all subcontractors, providing any support and assistance as necessary.
- Serves as in-house general contractor.
- Manages schedules, budgets, and coordinates with subcontractors pertinent to construction projects.
- Maintains working knowledge of OSHA safety standards, laws, rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 4+ years experience as construction superintendent required.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of engineering and project management software (GIS, Autocad) a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.