Construction Purchasing Manager
Greenville , SC 29601
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
BMarko Structures is a leading modular construction company manufacturing volumetric steel and wood modular buildings as well as shipping containers as permanent structures in the commercial, healthcare, hospitality, and industrial space. Our structures are installed throughout the United States and abroad. We believe that its time for the construction industry to change. By completing up to 90% of our buildings at our factory, we are taking workers out of the job site and into streamlined manufacturing facilities.
We have an opening for Construction Purchasing Manager to join our team in Greenville, SC. We are looking to work with a highly committed professional who shares our excitement and vision for the future of the construction industry.
- Responsible for purchasing all materials for projects
- Responsible to create a system that tracks all material purchased on a per unit basis (either per project or per module)
- Responsible for upholding the BMarko vendor requirements and dropping/ substituting vendors in a moments time when vendors fail to meet our stringent requirements
- Create cost templates and populate them with cost of materials to aid estimating department
Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience in construction materials and light knowledge of materials science
- Knowledge of IBC construction codes
- Experience in dealing with vendors and upholding tight vendor requirements
- Knowledge of building systems in commercial construction and interrelationship between construction elements.
- Excellent communication and team member skills
- 2-5 years of experience in estimating and purchasing of diverse construction materials (requirement)
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible time-off
- 80% Employer Health & Dental Insurance
- Growth opportunities
- Relocation assistance
Due to the large number of applicants, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.