Construction Project Manager
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our Company: Founded in 2003 and based in Chicago, with an office in Charlotte, North Carolina, SYTE Corporation (SYTE) is a specialized general contractor providing superior construction and facilities management services to public and private sector organizations. As a certified U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) and Service Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVOB) business, SYTE Corporation has designed, constructed, maintained and/or managed many unique, complex and high-profile construction related projects in the Midwest, Mid Atlantic, and Southern regions of the United States.
Our Vision:To be regarded as Americas most trusted enterprise for general construction, construction management, and facilities maintenance solutions.
Our Mission: To inspire our people to go beyond in service of our clients, our team, and our communities.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, evaluating and reporting on projects in accordance with the contractually agreed scope, timelines and budget. The ideal candidate will be able to build and lead multi-disciplinary project teams, oversee subcontractors from a variety of trades, forge strong client relationships, and ensure quality control throughout the project life cycle.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage project implementation from inception to close out
- Work with clients and other key stakeholders to complete project plans outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Conduct weekly team status/progress meeting(s) with internal team and external stakeholders
- Prepare work breakdown structures to estimate effort required per task
- Create project schedules to identify when tasks will be performed and how the work will be coordinated
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Resolve any issues and/or problems throughout the project life cycle
- Effectively manage project scope and ensure that any changes to scope are documented and approved
- Determine when subcontractors or external consultants are required to complete projects. If needed, recruit and manage appropriate staffing resources
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to clients
- Lead, coach and motivate project team members on a proactive basis
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved
- Utilize appropriate tools and best practices for project management and execution
- Ensure all project documentation is complete, well-organized, and archived following project completion
- Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field from an accredited university and/or college
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Construction Project Management related to at least one of the following areas; heavy civil construction; vertical construction, civil engineering construction; utilities infrastructure (water, electric, gas); health care facilities, commercial facilities (additions, renovations and interior improvements)
- Experience working with federal and state clients is an asset
- Familiarity with project management and estimating tools and/or software packages (e.g. Procore, SAGE 100, Primavera, etc. is a plus)
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly adapt and respond to changes in the work environment and priorities
- Experience working in team-oriented and collaborative environments
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and with team members assigned to remote locations
- PMP certification is an asset
Relocation assistance may be offered on a case-by-case basis