Construction Project Manager
Pangea Real Estate
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Pangea Properties is a privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago. We specialize in the acquisition and renovation of distressed multifamily properties in lower-middle-income, underserved communities, where quality, affordable housing options are virtually nonexistent. Founded in 2008, our mission is to be a model leader in our space who provides superior value, service and care to our residents and acts as a catalyst for change in the neighborhoods we serve. As a vertically integrated firm, we lead with operations but take a hands-on approach to real estate investment and property management, accomplishing our mission by incorporating data and technology with hyperlocal customer service to all units. In the past 12 years, our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore, and we continue to expand. We are proud to have been named a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace for the past six years.
Learn more about Pangea Properties here.
Pangea is currently looking for a full-time construction project manager who will provide management oversight for all phases of multi-family construction projects while ensuring that work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Oversee and manage entire construction process, from budget to completion, on multi-family rehab projects up to $5 million
- Develop bids and ensure adherence to scopes of work for project subcontractors
- Allocate resources for assigned projects and visit job sites daily to assess and document progress
- Handle simultaneous construction projects and teams across Chicago
- Troubleshoot habitual maintenance issues on existing properties and provide cost effective solutions
- Work with maintenance and property management teams in resolving escalated resident issues
- At least 5 years experience as a construction project manager or similar position.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace
- Access to reliable automobile
- Experience in subcontractor bidding and managing tight budgets and schedules
- Proficient in all aspects of construction (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.)
- Competitive base salary plus bonus, will depend on experience and qualifications
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life coverage
- 401(k) with generous company match
- 15 paid vacation days plus 5 days of paid sick time annually (vacation increases to 20 days at 2 years of tenure)
- Employee discount on Pangea apartment units
- Exciting company events and numerous volunteer opportunities