Construction Project Manager / Estimator
Atlanta , GA 30336
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Construction Project Manager / Estimator is primarily responsible for estimating and managing environmental abatement, demolition and construction projects.
Projects include asbestos, mold, water-loss response and hazardous material removal from buildings, soils and groundwater remediation, and selective interior building demolition. Some build back estimating and project management may be required.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Review RFP to determine scope and timing and recommendation for bid. Develop the scope of work to be bid and priced by reviewing plans and specifications for the project.
- Attend site walk to observe site conditions that may impede the progress of the work and on-site logistical issues and coordination requirements.
- Prepare estimates based on the project schedule, plan takeoffs, specifications; manpower requirements, and disposal options.
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Assess completed project costs versus budget; track unit costs for future estimates. Collect and analyze information to resolve cost discrepancies
- 1+ years estimating and/or project management experience in the construction industry.
- Proficiency in estimating software, especially Xactimate. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software, cost accounting software.
- Ability to understand contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations. Ability to assess and estimate project risks and related costs.
- Strong project and time management skills. Demonstrated expertise in establishing priorities and project deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and professional demeanor.
Must be able to travel to job sites to perform work. Assignments may require some overtime and weekend work, as needed.
EE&G offers a comprehensive Benefits package, including: Health; Dental; Vision; Life and AD&D; Short- and Long-Term Disability; 401(k); Holidays and Paid Time Off.