Construction Pre-Fab Industrial Engineer
Forest Lake , MN 55025
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Norhart is driven by a simple purpose, to create a better way to live through the apartments we build and manage. To fulfill that purpose, we need a fantastic team. We are fighting to be the best in the world at what we do. The only way we can do that is by employing the very best talent. We have a new opening for an Construction Pre-Fab Industrial Engineer with a strong background in Construction.Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, and implement new processes and equipment, initially focusing on prefabricated sub-assemblies for multiple trades in multi-family construction.
- Investigate root cause and provide leadership to resolve production issues.
- Promote Lean culture by working with other departments to improve efficiency, cost, and safety.
- Advance continuous improvement by recommending methods for improving efficiency and reducing waste, such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and/or the purchase of equipment.
- Work with all trade crews to create standard work documents.
- Create spreadsheets, and other tools to standardize processes and improve efficiencies.
- Participation in and leading of Lean and Value Engineering events.
- Participate in weekly meetings to provide expertise on opportunities for improvement.
- Quality control, including responding to inquiries to resolve quality issues.
- Maintain a good understanding of inventory and logistics.
- Identify and quantify constraints within the distribution centers and implement process improvements and technological upgrades to alleviate those constraints.
NORHARTS MISSION, PURPOSE, & VALUES:
Mission: Building and leasing quality apartments
Purpose: Creating a better way to live
Values: A great team is made up of great people. In our company these people exhibit 5 key values. These values are a way of life for everyone who works here. From our top-level managers to entry level employees these values are lived out every day. We hire and promote based on these characteristics. To be successful here you too must embody these values.
- Achieve Great Things: We love our work! We were born to do it. We accomplish far more than what others thought possible. We exhibit unrelenting reliability. When we say something will be done, it will be done. We solve the root problem instead of settling for a quick fix.
- Improving Something Every Day: We dare to question the status quo. We are always looking for ways to simplify, automate, and change the normal workflow. One way that we do this is to dedicate ourselves to make small changes and improvements every day, with the expectation that those small improvements will add up to something significant.
- Be a Genuine Human: Being a genuine human means that we are kind, supportive, and humble. We share credit, admit our mistakes, and learn from them. We are open, honest, and vulnerable. Its about being fully and painfully honest about work related issues in a respectful and positive way while building professional friendships.
- Obsessing Over the Resident Experience: Obsessing over the resident experience means we strive to ensure a frictionless environment for our tenants such as caring about every little impact our work has on them. It is relentlessly improving our building designs, taking on feedback, and considering their overall well-being in every action we take. From the moment we break ground on a new project, to the final day we serve a resident, it is the responsibility of EVERY Norhart employee to OBSESS over the experience that resident is going to have with us.
- Level Yourself Up: We want to be the best in the world at what we do. We want to be so much better than the competition that the fight isnt fair. We own our own self-improvement, and we push our mentors to teach us more. We are always looking for ways to improve our company, our team, and ourselves.
- The ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization to identify best practices and solutions.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Understand construction sequencing and constructability of multi-family buildings.
- Knowledge of MN building codes.
- Knowledge of Lean principals and tools.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient at managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire and ability to train others.
- Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Revu BlueBeam.
- Fantastic Health Care Plan offering a $0 monthly premium for coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Retirement Plan with company match up to 3% (Simple IRA)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holidays)
- Volunteer Time Off (16 hours per year of paid time off to volunteer at your favorite charity)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Training & Development
- Career Advancement Opportunities