Construction Manager - Water, Wastewater
MNS Engineers, Inc.
San Jose , CA 95101
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join the MNS Construction Management - Water/Wastewater team in the San Jose area! You'll enjoy working with our highly engaged (and highly respected) senior management team!
As a Construction Manager you will be entrusted to oversee the Construction Management of significant facility upgrades as well as new construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares construction management (CM) scopes and determines level of effort for CM execution.
- Manages CM contract and budget with client and is responsible for meeting client needs and project profitability.
- Works with clients and Engineering Team to modify plans and specifications to optimize construction execution.
- Manages all aspects associated with the construction administration of a large project or program.
- Tracks and monitors construction expenditures, prepares spending forecasts.
- Reviews, verifies, processes, and recommends approval for contractor progress payment applications.
- Conducts site meetings dealing with contractor work progress, schedule, coordination, record drawing and problem exposure and resolution meetings.
- Conducts staff planning and scheduling of all the onsite staff and staff that come to the site on an intermittent basis; schedules surveyors and testing laboratories as necessary.
- Serves as lead administrator of the field office on all projects under limited supervision.
- Assists with recruitment and conducts job performance evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering Or Mechanical Engineering.
- Valid California Class C driver's license and an acceptable drivers record are required.
- Minimum 5 years construction contract management
- Other Required Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interacts well with other staff
- Represents the organization in communications and conferences pertaining to broad aspects of engineering assignments
- Able to represent client in claims meetings
- Able to effectively manage people
- Able to market and interface well with clients.
MNS offers a full benefits package, and competitive compensation. Inquiries are welcome! Contact Marylou Pritchard at MNS Engineers with questions (805) 456-3532 Direct
Headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA MNS Engineers, Inc. (MNS) provides comprehensive infrastructure services, including engineering, surveying, and construction management to the Transportation, Water, and Government Services markets in California.
We nurture a culture where each individuals abilities, experience and style are encouraged, rewarded, valued and shared in a way that strengthens the overall outcome of each discipline. We feel as though we make a difference in peoples lives every day. Our commitment to steady growth has allowed us to confidently celebrate 55 years of past service as we prepare for 55 more!