Join the TeleSolv Consulting Team on our mission to provide quality and unparalleled service to our clients. We are a growing organization that provides a variety of professional and administrative services to public and private organizations with global operations. Our company is currently seeking a Construction Manager located in Kansas City, MOto support a federal client.About TeleSolv:Rated in the top 1000 business in 2019 by Inc.com. Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.We offer excellent compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and exceptional benefits including PTO, sick leave, 10 paid federal holidays, medical, dental, vision, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, matching 401(k) plan, and more.Duties / Responsibilities: Supports the Project Manager with:
Planning: All aspects of project planning, including gathering stakeholder needs, negotiating, developing, and gaining consensus for project scope, schedule, budget, and the communication plan.
Change Management: Guides the project team through changing requirements such as the project plan, customer, and other stakeholder agreements.
Problem Solving: Assists the Project Manager with resolving project issues, balancing cost, schedule, and scope as project drivers dictate.
Communication: Ensures project communication plan is properly executed throughout the life of the project. Keeps the Project Manager, Sponsor, and other stakeholders well informed, escalates issues as necessary.
Prioritization: Prioritizes project tasks for self and project team.
Customer Relationship Management: Actively plans for, and manages the customer relationship at all customer levels. Inspires customer confidence towards team and GSA.
Execution: Leads the project team to deliver as promised.
Three (3) years of construction related Construction Management experience with commercial projects valued greater than $250,000 in commercial construction.
Three (3)years of experience involved in mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and general office space construction.
Active Public Trust; or the ability to obtain one.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Demonstrated experiencein the following areas:
Reviewing and evaluating technical construction drawings and specifications
Utilizing project management tools
Utilizing spreadsheet and/or Google documents
Utilizing email and chat.
COVID-19 vaccination unless an approved medical or religious exemption is granted.
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
VIEW JOBS4/28/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-07-27T00:00Job Description
As Construction Manager, you will develop scope and budgets, manage and execute facility-based construction project work plans. You will play a vital role in overseeing a project team and contractors to stay within project scope and budget while ensuring on-time delivery. Additional responsibilities will include but not limited to; communicating with design/facilities/security and network teams regarding modifications to the facilities construction, electrical, network, and security, as well as managing relationships with outside suppliers, including general contractors, architects, and engineering firms. You will also maintain project files, plan documents, operations and maintenance manuals and related project documentation for transfer to the facilities operating team and business end-users.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
* Associates Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
* At least 3 years of capital project management work experience
* At least 5 years of construction work experience
* Bachelor's degree
* At least 3 years of commercial, corporate office construction work experience
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Experience/knowledge across all facets of the commercial construction process including general construction, MEP, network, general building systems
* Willing to travel up to 20% as needed
* Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
* Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within the scope of the position
* Perform other responsibilities as assigned
CernerNorth Kansas CityMO
VIEW JOBS12/5/2021 12:00:00 AM2022-03-05T00:00Job Description:
If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its associates nationwide sounds good to you, Ferguson may just be the place for you. Our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Construction Project Estimator! As an Estimator, you will help with the development of quotations on various projects while establishing close relationships with the branches, vendor representatives, and ensuring outstanding customer service. This role focuses on multi-family projects and will primarily support a large customer account concentrated in the Southern Plains district. If you are goal oriented, self-motivated and able to meet deadlines, build relationships and enjoy a team atmosphere, this is an excellent opportunity to grow with an industry-leading organization!
This role offers hybrid- remote flexibility and supports customers in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. While the majority of this role can be performed remotely, once trained, an in-person presence will be required for training and future meetings/collaboration, as needed. The incumbent will need to reside within AR, OK, MO, or KS.
* Keep current of new products, trends and market cost and pricing
* Coordinate with vendors to ensure that pricing data is received in a timely manner
* Participate in the resolution of any and all pricing related issues
* Participate in corporate-wide initiatives involving pricing functions, philosophies or processes
* Gather required data for quote preparation
* Download required specs, plans take-off, etc.
* Start data entry of new quotes
* Contact vendors for job quotes
* Contacts branch quotations contact to maintain job win/loss record
* Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service
* Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures
* Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
* 2+ years of construction related sales, project management, project coordinator, or estimating experience, required
* Construction quotations or estimating experience is highly preferred
* Prior use of BidTracer, PlanSwift or similar estimating software, a plus
* Knowledge of plumbing or related products, preferred
* Experience reading blueprints, building plans, or drawings, highly preferred
* Computer experience with Outlook and Excel are required
* Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
* Ability to be flexible, adaptable and multitasking skills needed, including the ability to juggle multiple, urgent requests
* Self-starter, creative problem solver, and self-sufficient
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with people at multiple levels of the organization
As a large, successful company who prides itself on its stability, Ferguson can offer a competitive benefits package which includes the following: medical (two plans to choose from), dental, vision, disability, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays), recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
* The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Information
VIEW JOBS12/2/2021 12:00:00 AM2022-03-02T00:00The Construction Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the assigned project(s) in order to achieve safe, timely and profitable completion of each project. Plans, organizes, and supervises specific portions of construction work for an assigned area of a construction project. Responsible for the construction scheduling of the construction related activities of the subcontractors to confirm the completion of contractual construction activities. Maintains continuity of job progress and maximizes efficiencies related to the assigned area.
* Responsible for the oversight of the following project work activities: site earthwork and layout, concrete flatwork and foundation, structural steel, steel and wood framing, interior finishes, millwork, roofing, plumbing, HVAC systems, fire protection, and commercial electrical systems.
* Responsible for overall supervision of construction effort, which includes: safety, productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, materials management, scheduling, engineering, and contractual performance of the project.
* Responsible for subcontractor contractual compliance on designated construction related activities.
* Build effective client and subcontractor relationships. Interface with client representatives, A/E representatives, and other contractors.
* Collaborate with project management to develop and implement project procedures, working documents, and standards.
* Authorize purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc., under supervision of Construction Manager and Project Manager.
* Responsible for overall project safety. Reviews and audits site specific safety documentation, including Pre-Task Analysis (PTAs) and Task Safety Observations (TSOs) on a regular basis.
* Complete daily field reports and take daily pictures to document construction progress.
* Assess future work activities and identify any concerns with work plans by utilizing subcontractors 3-week look ahead report.
* Develop a marked-up and as-built set of drawings to produce the record set documents, and answer RFIs with assistance from Assistant Project Manager or Field Engineer.
* Direct and manage subcontractor as necessary to comply with the established project schedule, and track and verify progress on an installed quantity and work hour basis.
* Oversee the construction of complete buildings and/or structures.
* Develop punch lists of items out of compliance or not completed.
* Verify the most current drawing revisions are being used in the field.
* Read, interpret, and understand civil, foundation, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum 7 years construction management experience or craft supervision experience on similar projects.
* Must have excellent communication skills, strong leadership skills, and a strong safety background.
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
* Must be able to meet company's driving requirements.
Burns & McdonnellKansas CityMO
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.