Join the TeleSolv Consulting Team on our mission to provide quality and unparalleled service to our clients. We are a growing organization that provides a variety of professional and administrative services to public and private organizations with global operations. Our company is currently seeking a Construction Manager located in Kansas City, MOto support a federal client.About TeleSolv:Rated in the top 1000 business in 2019 by Inc.com. Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.We offer excellent compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and exceptional benefits including PTO, sick leave, 10 paid federal holidays, medical, dental, vision, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, matching 401(k) plan, and more.Duties / Responsibilities: Supports the Project Manager with:
Planning: All aspects of project planning, including gathering stakeholder needs, negotiating, developing, and gaining consensus for project scope, schedule, budget, and the communication plan.
Change Management: Guides the project team through changing requirements such as the project plan, customer, and other stakeholder agreements.
Problem Solving: Assists the Project Manager with resolving project issues, balancing cost, schedule, and scope as project drivers dictate.
Communication: Ensures project communication plan is properly executed throughout the life of the project. Keeps the Project Manager, Sponsor, and other stakeholders well informed, escalates issues as necessary.
Prioritization: Prioritizes project tasks for self and project team.
Customer Relationship Management: Actively plans for, and manages the customer relationship at all customer levels. Inspires customer confidence towards team and GSA.
Execution: Leads the project team to deliver as promised.
Three (3) years of construction related Construction Management experience with commercial projects valued greater than $250,000 in commercial construction.
Three (3)years of experience involved in mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and general office space construction.
Active Public Trust; or the ability to obtain one.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Demonstrated experiencein the following areas:
Reviewing and evaluating technical construction drawings and specifications
Utilizing project management tools
Utilizing spreadsheet and/or Google documents
Utilizing email and chat.
COVID-19 vaccination unless an approved medical or religious exemption is granted.
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
VIEW JOBS4/28/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-07-27T00:00Job Description
As Construction Manager, you will develop scope and budgets, manage and execute facility-based construction project work plans. You will play a vital role in overseeing a project team and contractors to stay within project scope and budget while ensuring on-time delivery. Additional responsibilities will include but not limited to; communicating with design/facilities/security and network teams regarding modifications to the facilities construction, electrical, network, and security, as well as managing relationships with outside suppliers, including general contractors, architects, and engineering firms. You will also maintain project files, plan documents, operations and maintenance manuals and related project documentation for transfer to the facilities operating team and business end-users.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
* Associates Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
* At least 3 years of capital project management work experience
* At least 5 years of construction work experience
* Bachelor's degree
* At least 3 years of commercial, corporate office construction work experience
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Experience/knowledge across all facets of the commercial construction process including general construction, MEP, network, general building systems
* Willing to travel up to 20% as needed
* Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
* Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within the scope of the position
* Perform other responsibilities as assigned
CernerNorth Kansas CityMO
VIEW JOBS1/13/2022 12:00:00 AM2022-04-13T00:00The Construction Project Manager supports the Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) Project Manager or Program Manager to oversee day-to-day operations from pre-construction through project completion and warranty periods. The Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing the construction project safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, proposals, estimates, documentation turnover, client relations/management, field staff and other duties required to execute EPC, Construction Management, Construction, and Program Management projects.
* Adhere to Burns & McDonnell's safety programs, trainings, and policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members, client contractor and subcontractors.
* Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day construction activities and the successful execution of a single or multiple projects simultaneously.
* Provide direction and participate in project planning, scheduling, estimating, cost development, and establishing critical project objectives.
* Develop new and manage existing client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
* Participate in internal and external project risk reviews and consult with Legal Department as required.
* Negotiate and execute prime contracts, CM contracts, subcontracts, and change orders.
* Implement assigned sections of the Project Execution Plan, including construction execution, construction quality assurance plan, safety & health plan, subcontracting plan, project staffing plan, organizational chart, and procurement plan.
* Develop construction staffing plans and train project teams, coordinate activities of multiple global practices/disciplines, and facilitate the efficient cost-effective utilization of staff while adhering to contractual and performance requirements.
* Oversee the development of the project plan for site layout, mobilization and demobilization and support implementation.
* Verify all applicable project permits are secured in accordance with the project requirements.
* Direct and oversee the downstream Request For Proposal (RFP) and bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for subcontractor and client contractor contracts, including bidder development, prequalification, evaluation, award recommendation, and selection.
* Review, approve, and communicate internal and external reports including project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports. Present reports to Project Manager and Program Manager, as well as internal and external executive management as required.
* Collaborate with engineering team to establish the development and distribution of engineering deliverables per project schedule and requirements.
* Develop processes and manage downstream contract administration including Request For Information (RFI's), submittals, change management, contract closeout, documentation, and claims mitigation.
* Oversee Prime Contract, subcontractor, and client contractor invoicing process.
* Coordinate and facilitate client, supplier and company commissioning and startup teams as needed.
* Implement, audit, and oversee the project documentation and filing systems.
* Implement process for confirming project, client contractor and subcontractor insurance, taxes/duties, licensures, and bonding requirements.
* Perform project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required.
* Oversee and participate in the project-specific non-conformance reporting process.
* Responsible for facilitating project cost reporting, scheduling, work breakdown structure establishment, project set-up and closeout, and field progress tracking specific to construction and construction related activities or program level activities as required.
* Develop and oversee materials receiving and management process, including inventory control, receipt of goods, storage, and transportation.
* Review contract documents with field staff to verify compliance of subcontractors and client contractors, safety and health requirements, quality, and schedule.
* Direct the project turnover documentation, warranty administration, project closeout, and recordkeeping/retention processes and procedures.
* Manage communication with governmental, industry, and public entities on project-related matters.
* Review construction field reports.
* Provide mentorship and training to interns, construction coordinators, and assistant construction project managers.
* Provide performance feedback for each project team member as requested to their respective Department Managers.
* Manage community and building trades relationships.
* Develop and implement project labor agreements with building trades as required.
* Comply with company policies and procedures.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
* Additional applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
* A minimum of 10 years relevant project management experience in the construction industry.
* OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 hour certification strongly preferred.
* Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
* Experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
* Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Multiple years of experience on construction project sites or executing program management in the industries of aviation, commercial, energy, government, manufacturing, oil & gas, process, transportation, transmission & distribution, or water is preferred.
* A basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required.
* Must be able to meet the company's driving requirements.
Burns & McdonnellKansas CityMO
VIEW JOBS1/14/2022 12:00:00 AM2022-04-14T00:00Posting Description
Construction Crew Leader
Tentative start - Winter 2022 or open until filled
For one year, you can get paid to build sustainable solutions in a community, gain valuable hands on experience and prepare for your future. This full-time AmeriCorps service position offers a great opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset.
AmeriCorps National members serve the community in direct service and capacity building activities.
What will you do?
The construction crew leader plays an integral part in building and repairing homes. Lead groups of skills and unskilled volunteers and homeowner families in construction activities while maintaining a safe, efficient work environment, thus, developing and enhancing your volunteer management and construction skills.
* Typically serve Tuesday - Saturday on the build site.
* Assist with all aspects of hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, site prep, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping.
* Projects may include new construction, rehabilitation, critical home repair and weatherization projects.
* Lead small groups of volunteers and facilitate safe and positive experiences for everyone working on site.
* Maintain site safety by adhering to Habitat construction safety policies, modeling best practices and guidelines, volunteer education and site monitoring.
This position will focus on home construction, home repair and neighborhood revitalization aspects of Habitat affiliate operations and will benefit people 65 and older, military/veterans, young professional and faith based populations.
Where will you serve?
Habitat for Humanity of Kansas City is the 7th oldest affiliate in the world and has grown in 42 years to cover 6 counties in the greater metropolitan area. We currently have 4 ReStore locations and we operate the 3rd largest ReStore program in Habitat's footprint.
Kansas City is world-famous for jazz, BBQ and sports to name a few! Nicknamed the City of Fountains with over 200 fountains in the metro area, Kansas City has a long list of famous attractions, entertainment, art, shopping and fun destinations.
Our AmeriCorps members are part of our Habitat family and serve alongside staff, homeowner families and volunteers. Besides the benefits already offered through AmeriCorps, we also offer a low-cost housing option. Come and join our Habitat family as we build homes, community and hope!
Learn more at www.habitatkc.org.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service
* Living allowance $16,300 for approximately 10 ½ months of service.
* Segal Education Award of $6,345, upon successful completion of service.
* Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
* Personal and medical leave - approximately 10 days total.
* Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
* Child care benefits, if you qualify.
* Worker's compensation insurance.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
* Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
* Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Experience working with volunteers, teaching or group facilitation.
* Experience working as a member of a team.
* Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
Habitat For HumanityKansas CityMO
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.