Construction Inspector - Electrical
MNS Engineers, Inc.
Santa Barbara , CA 93140
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains material and inspection records
- Maintains a daily diary, photo log, contract item quantities
- Coordinates and documents multiple contractors and subcontractors efforts regarding installation and commissioning of the power, controls, lighting, and other elements of construction
- Examines electrical systems and equipment
- Inspects new and existing sound and security systems, wiring, lighting, motors, and generating equipment
- Inspects wiring of assemblies for stripping, soldering, crimping, or defects
- Tests continuity
- Inspects the installation of the electrical wiring for heating and air-conditioning systems, appliances, and other components
- Supports PM in review of project submittals, RFIs, CCOs
- Verifies acceptability of material incorporated into the project by Certificates of Compliance, shop drawings, test reports
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education, Licensure, or Certification Required
- College degree or min. 5 + years work experience in related field
- Valid California Class C driver's license and an acceptable drivers record are required
Minimum Experience Required
- 5 + experience in construction inspection of electrical power, etc. on major infrastructure projects for public agencies.
- Ability to travel to construction sites (local)
- Knowledge of Cal-OSHA safety standards and appropriate certifications.
Other Required Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interacts well with other staff
- Able to work well with other people, contractors, agency personnel, and the public
- Able to effectively operate a computer and basic computer programs such as Word & Excel