Hire Education Consulting Group
San Jose , CA 95110
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you ready to take the next step in your estimating career? Want to be a part of a rapidly growing team that needs your skills and expertise?
We are seeking an Estimator to join our growing team.
You are someone who is process oriented with a passion for accuracy and the why behind pricing. You love thinking about the big picture and managing the details. Sound like you? This could be the role you have been waiting for.
Construction Estimator What Youll Do
- Estimating and bidding construction & roofing projects (you will likely perform estimates for 25+ projects a month).
- Attend the job walk with the construction manager to obtain an understanding of the project.
- Manage and assist with preparation of RFIs and submittals.
- Perform plan take offs for scope of work.
- Review job plans and reach out to the project subcontractors, including providing necessary documentation.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures.
- Interface with owner, contractors and others, to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Following successful awarding of the contracts as assigned, manage the awarding of subcontracts and the creation of purchase orders.
- Coordinate the change order process, including but not limited to, assessing and documenting scope, estimating and pricing the change order, managing the creation and approval of the change order.
- Work very closely with the sales and production departments on customer interface.
Plan for about 75% in office and 25% in the field.
Construction Estimator What Youll Need
- Experience performing estimates for construction projects (commercial, residential, electrical or other transferable experience) and a keen understanding of the entire construction delivery cycle
- Ability to utilize and navigate a computer / basic computer skills
- Experience working with MS Excel you will use basic MS Excel formulas for estimating
- Ability to read and interpret construction contracts, spec books (specifications) and plan drawings
- Interact positively and professionally with our team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills you are juggling many projects!
The position includes use of company vehicle. You will also receive comprehensive medical benefits, 401k and competitive time off.