Construction Assistant Project Manager / Experienced Project Engineer - Hospitality
Birmingham , AL 35242
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A Florida based general contractor is seeking an experiencedAssistant Project Manager/Project Engineerwith experience in hotel and hospitality construction to join their team in Birmingham, Alabama.This role will be responsible for working to ensure large hotel and resort projects are completed safely, on time, and within budget and assists with management of all aspects of the project including planning, scheduling, and cost control.Responsibilities:
- From initial bid through the final payment, ensure that the project costs are properly documented, controlled and forecasted on a monthly basis including: maintenance of buyout logs, change order logs, and cost reports using project management and accounting software
- Assists in the review, processing and tracking of all Submittals, Shop Drawings, RFIs and related consultant reviews and responses
- Collaborates and interfaces with Project Engineers and Superintendents to help resolve any constructibility issues.
- Assist in bidding and buy-out of materials, services and scopes of work on assigned projects.
- Assist with the compliance to and enforcement of the terms and conditions of the prime contract, subcontracts and purchase orders
- Generates and maintains project logs recording the processing of such within the company project management software reporting systems
- Review and inspects plans and specifications for coordination and value engineering
Compensation & Benefits:
- Degree in construction management, architecture or engineering, or related discipline
- years working experience in hotel/hospitality construction
- years related experience including knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, estimating, and scheduling and safety procedures.
- Ability to negotiate contracts, manage personnel, meet deadlines and goals, and maintain confidentiality
- $75,000-$85,000 depending on abilities and experience. Exact compensation may vary and has potential to increase depending on client.