Configuration Management Lead - Shaw Afb, SC
Sumter , SC 29150
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Responsible for effectively tracking, logging, categorizing, and maintaining changes made against the accepted Army baseline(s) standards. Develops, distributes, and tracks all change packages resulting from approved Configuration Control Board action. Trains personnel by conducting workshops and seminars on the proper methodology to maintain a proactive CM program. Provides daily support and direction to staff as to change status requirements, deadlines, and problems.
- Perform configuration, change and release management support functions for all networks and systems.
- Manage CM processes including, but not limited to, configuration identification, control, verification and audit activities;
- Oversee change management processes, including but not limited to, change management support, change proposal assessment, change request review and logging, change scheduling and build authorization, and post-implementation reviews and closure activities;
- Support release management processes, including but not limited to, release planning, build, deployment, life cycle support and closure activities;
- Review, develop and recommend improvements to existing configuration, change and release management policies and procedures;
- Coordinate the review of engineering/configuration, change and release data, documentation and activities to ensure adherence to procedures and policies;
- Assist in the management, maintenance and automating of CM tools;
- Prepare configuration, release and build documentation, and maintain document library IAW with DoD, USAF, USAFCENT and local directives and policies;
- Maintain quality, integrity and security of CM document library and ensure configuration items are not added or modified without authorization and modifications are adequately recorded;
- Audit the CM document library, and assist in implementing audit recommendations;
- Submit requirements to renew or update existing (and acquire new) hardware and software and licenses, as required to support USAFCENT requirements and systems;
- Track and prepare configuration item history and status reports, and CM metrics for each build and release, as required;
- Prepare, schedule and lead CM meetings;
- Host the monthly Configuration Control Board (CCB) with 609 ACOMS and 609 EACOMS technical representatives, leadership and other stakeholders; and
- Develop and submit a CM Status Monthly Report.
Must have at least Associates degree in Computer Science or related field; OR 4 years of experience in a like size organization; OR CMII Basics Certification
NOTE:To apply, will require Active/current Secret clearance.