Concrete Truck Delivery Professional
AC Ready Mix
Carpentersville , IL 60110
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Responsible for the load and delivery of ready mix concrete and other associated products to construction job sites in a safe and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares truck for operation by inspecting general conditions; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; obtaining or scheduling required repairs; validating adherence to road-ability standards on accordance with DOT regulations.
- Loads truck with ready mix concrete according to prescribed procedures, including charging hopper and checking slump.
- Safely drives truck in and out of areas with heavy pedestrian traffic and various construction obstacles.
- Delivers items identifying destinations; establishing route; operating truck; maintaining schedule.
- Discharge concrete, involving removing extension chutes, placing on main chute.
- Wash residue from truck using washout system.
- Maintains truck operating efficiency by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck exterior and interior.
- Completes driving logs in accordance with DOT regulations; obtains receipts acknowledgements; and completes other forms as required.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age due to anticipated interstate routing.
- Minimum of one year directly related experience required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid Class A CDL and appropriate state driver license and tanker endorsements. Class B license a must.
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past three years, with no alcohol or drug related offenses, such as a DUI or DWI. Less than 2 points on record.
- Must pass a drug and alcohol pre test and random testing.
Pay Hourly. Teamster Union Position