Concrete Mixer Driver
Burnco Rock Products Ltd.
Firestone , CO 80504
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Excellence. Integrity. Passion.
Since 1912, BURNCO has been supplying aggregate construction materials as a successful, family-run business based in Calgary. Over the last 107 years we have embraced innovative technology and new marketplaces while always maintaining the vision and values that were first introduced by our founder, James F. Burns. Today we continue our unwavering commitment to safety, our renewed focus on family leadership and our steady, dependable growth into the future. We look forward to having you join us on that journey.
What you will be doing:
- Operates a Ready-Mix Truck in urban and rural areas with tight construction sites at times
- Completes routine maintenance of equipment, including reporting minor mechanical issues and thorough cleanliness of unit daily
- Contributes to keeping areas in and around the plant clean and hazard free
- Executes work safely at all times by complying with company safety protocols
- Stays in compliance with DOT and company requirements
Reality of the Job:
- You might work long hours during peak times
- This is physical work as you will need to be handle a chute
- You will work every Saturday during peak season
- You will be maneuvering the trucks in sometimes very tight construction areas
- There will be less hours available in our non peak times
Starts at $20 and based on performance you can reach $26.50 within 12 months
Starts at $23 and increases based on performance
What we need from you
- 23+ years old
- Valid CDL License
- Ability to pass PSP, MVR, background check, drug test and physical assessment
- Ability to work irregular hours and on Saturdays
- Ability to work from other BURNCO plants based on business needs
- Commitment to safety, customer service and teamwork
- FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse registration
It would be nice if you had, but we will like you even if you don't:
- Concrete driving experience
- Understanding of concrete products
Would you like to earn above average pay while driving well maintained trucks, and be home every night? We offer that, great benefits and more!
- Safety bonuses
- Competitive pay with increases
- Health benefits effective the first of the month following 60 days including employee assistance programs
- 401k after 90 days with employer matching contributions up to 4%
- Holiday, vacation, bereavement, jury duty pay with no waiting period
- Paid biweekly on Fridays
- CDL training can be provided for driver's just starting out
- We'll also provide a voucher for safety boots and safety glasses when needed!