Computer Vision And Perception Engineer
Boston , MA 02210
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Cleo Robotics specializes in unconventional robotic systems equipped with cutting-edge sensing and intelligence in a tiny package to operate in dangerous and difficult to reach environments. Our customers span across various industries including Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Public Safety and Manufacturing.
Were a growing team of experts in robotics and autonomous systems with diverse backgrounds and skills. Our mission is to build safe drones that can operate where no other robot can for collecting critical data that can save lives and decrease costs.
If you get excited about solving big problems and building robots straight from science fiction, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this role might be for you!
Improvements to the Dronuts autonomous capabilities are critical to unlocking this technologys full potential. You will be driving this effort and working closely with our controls and autonomy engineering teams, and you will also have the opportunity to work with some of our customers. You will be improving our existing Autopilot stack and laying the groundwork for full autonomy in GPS denied and complex environments.
- Design and implementation of real-time estimation, mapping, tracking and localization algorithms and testing in real environments
- Fusion of multiple sensors including IMUs, monocular and stereo cameras, LiDAR, and rangefinders such as time of flight and sonar
- Generating 2D and 3D maps in real time
- Design of a robust state estimation such as Extended Kalman Filter as well as sensor fusion algorithms such as Visual Inertial Odometry
- Collaborating with various members of the team, and interacting with customers
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Robotics, Aerospace Engineering, or a similar field with 2+ years of experience
- Industry experience with implementing perception, planning, filtering and state estimation algorithms for autonomous systems
- Experience with real-time sensor fusion (e.g. IMU, LiDAR, SLAM, odometry, sonar)
- Prior experience with optimization for computationally constrained edge computing devices and building perception pipelines using ROS, C/C++, OpenCV and/or CUDA
- Solid software engineering foundation with a proficiency in C++, Python and Matlab among other languages, and the ability to write clean and easy to understand code
- Strong foundation in mathematics and fundamentals (3D geometry, linear algebra, quaternions)
- Deep understanding of kinematics, dynamics and equations of motion for systems
- Experience in calibration and signal processing of motion sensors and intrinsic parameters
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with implementing robotic control algorithms
- Experience with obstacle detection and avoidance, object tracking and path planning algorithms
- Experience with development on embedded systems
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Company holidays
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan