Computer Programmer, Journeyman
Stracon Services Group, Llc.
Orlando , FL 32826
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking aFull-Time, Computer Programmer, Journeymanto join our team at NAWCTSD (Navy Aviation Training Center, Training Systems Division) in Orlando, FL.The Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division (NAWCTSD) Orlando, Fla., is the Navys principal center for modeling, simulation and training systems technologies.Essential Job Duties:
- Create, modify, and test the code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run.
- Work from specifications drawn up by software developers or other individuals.
- May assist software developers by analyzing user needs and designing software solutions.
- May develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- Potential Travel up to 10 %
- Candidate must have approximately 3 -7 years of experience with computer programming
- Experience with software development and diagnostic tools
- Game engine development experience with Unity game engine
- Experience in engineering and scientific disciplines that include:
- Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS), High Level Architecture (HLA),
- Systems design,
- Math model development
- Ability to apply the Federal Acquisition Regulations, Military Standards, and Navy policy,
- Programming languages will include C, C#, .NET, Visual Basic (VB), and Java,
- Object-oriented programming,
- eXtensible Markup Language (XML),
- Active Server Page(s) (ASP), ASP.Net,
- Hyper Text Markup Language(HTML)
- Operating Systems will include Microsoft Windows, as well as various UNIX flavors, such as Linux,
- B.S. in computer engineering, modeling & simulation, or computer science. Formal training in Modeling and Simulation techniques preferred.
About StraCon:StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by Enhancing their Operational Capability. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to Make It Happen. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted an interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer