Project EXTENDED The Community Services Bureau (CSB) in the Employment & Human Services Department is offering an excellent employment opportunity as Comprehensive Services Assistant Manager (CSAM). If you are a proactive, creative individual with a passion for working with children, families and the community this is an opportunity to work in a dynamic organization providing anti-poverty programs and services to the most vulnerable populations in our communities. CSAM provide direct services to low-income families of children 0 to 5 years of age and pregnant women enrolled in the CSB's Head Start and Early Head Start directly operated programs, and community-based partnership centers in Contra Costa County. The agency operates 15 centers and collaborates with many community based early childhood education programs and family child care providers throughout the County. Incumbents interact with families, staff and clients from very diverse background and culture, and interact with program teaching and management staff in the centers. Incumbents selected must be willing to work flexible schedules, including possible evening meetings, trainings and weekend events as needed. CSB offers a supportive and safe work environment and provides extensive training, mentoring and professional growth opportunities for staff at all levels. Staff is given excellent opportunities to develop their professional knowledge and leadership and life-long skills. Positions in this classification are State or federally funded project positions and are exempt from the Merit System. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following: Knowledge and experience with Federal Head Start/Early Head Start and/or State funded Child Development Programs Knowledge and understanding of family dynamics, human growth and development of children ages 0-5 Ability to interact with diverse cultures, ethnicities, and languages Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective professional relationships with parents, staff, other organizations, as well as the public Strategies for effective project management Characteristics of the ideal candidate: Dedicated, self-motivator, go- getter Appreciation for diversity, enjoys working with children, families and the community Creative and open to new ideas; proactive, resourceful and fast learner Interested in growing with the agency The eligible list established from this recruitment will remain in effect for twelve (12) months. To read the complete job description, please visit the website, . TENTATIVE EXAM DATES Tentative Oral Exam: November 6, 2018 Typical Tasks Provides support in assessing the client's needs, planning appropriate program services and activities, and providing resources Prepares monthly reports, assist with program reports and monitoring such as the Office of Head Start Ongoing Monitoring Protocols, children's attendance, and Program Information Report (PIR) Assists in the development and implementation of the Comprehensive Services Plan Collects and analyzes data using CSB's Management Information System and other technology systems as required by the agency Represents the Community Services Bureau on community committees and in meetings, relays information appropriately, and keeps their supervisor informed Assists in providing overall direction, and monitoring of program services and activities to assure compliance with the funding source and regulations set forth by local, state, and federal guidelines, National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) criterion, and the Head Start Performance Standards Helps implement hiring procedures and recommends appointment of subordinate staff In conjunction with appropriate staff, identifies funding sources, assists in the preparation of funding applications and budgets, and ensures proper maintenance of required records associated with Community Services Bureau program services; Assures that volunteer resources are mobilized, following procedures, documenting all non-federal share Ensures that all eligibility documentation is correct, current, and meets all applicable regulations Manages cases based on referrals made by staff, parents, and professionals; Works flexible schedule as workload dictates, particularly as required to conduct evening meetings, community outreach activities, and implementation of collaborative partnerships Maintains individual time, attendance and leave records/requests and training records in accordance with CSB regulations and participates in annual performance evaluation of subordinate staff Follows purchasing procedures to include bids, requisitions, delivery, inventory of all equipment and supplies for in-house and collaborative programs Assists in the coordination and facilitation of training for staff, parents and clients; Reinforces the usage of individualization in the lesson plan and in the educational curriculum as a whole Conducts ongoing monitoring and assessments across programs to identify current practices, needs, shared goals, and resources Maintains excellent customer experience and service practices Minimum Qualifications License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator's license will be accepted during the application process. Education: Completion of at least 60 semester or 90 quarter units from an accredited college or university, which must have included at least 9 semester or 12 quarter units in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Psychology and/or social science disciplines. Experience: Two (2) years of full-time (or the equivalent of full-time) experience in a social service program or a community-based organization or a Child Development program with responsibilities for the coordination of health, mental health, disability, nutrition, education, parent involvement, and social service activities for enrolled families. Certification: Appointees must have, at the time of hire or within eighteen months of hire, credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field, in accordance with Head Start Program Performance Standards Part 1302.91(e)(7). Other
Requirements: As required by law, all appointees must successfully pass fingerprint, tuberculosis clearances and a current physical examination. Upon hire, all appointees must have current required immunizations. Selection Process Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination. Oral Interview: Conducted by a Qualifications Appraisal Board who will evaluate candidates in job-related areas. (Weighted 100%). Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list. The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices. THE COUNTY OF CONTRA COSTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF THE ORGANIZATION It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
VIEW JOBS12/11/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-11T00:002505 A St
Antioch, CA, 94509, US
Lead others to enjoy all the deliciousness in the world.
Take charge in partnering with the Restaurant Manager to create a culture full of fun, excitement and optimism. And, of course, challenge the team to stretch themselves and develop them to be successful.
* Manage the restaurant operations in conjunction with, or in the absence of, the Restaurant Manager
* Find, train, develop and recognize the best people
* Manage daily activities to ensure guests receive excellent customer service
* Serve as a strong role model for other employees
* Demonstrate a strong awareness and concern for food quality and safety
* High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
* 3+ years of experience as an Assistant Manager with some P&L responsibility
* Ability to communicate effectively in English
* At least 18 years of age
* Ability to lift and carry 10-65 lbs.
* Be willing and able to work a flexible schedule
Jack in the Box offers excellent Benefits. Here are just a few that you will find set us apart!
* Eligible for quarterly incentive payment based on restaurant sales and profit performance
* Payout potential varies based on job level
* Three weeks annually from hire date up to 9 Year Anniversary Date, four weeks thereafter
* Maximum vacation available is regular vacation schedule plus one week
* Six days per year; may accumulate up to 480 hours
* Three paid holidays each year (AMs Only)
* Nine paid holidays each year ( RMs only)
* Comprehensive pre-tax employee and family medical coverage beginning on the first day of the calendar month coincident with or following 30 days of service
Check out the Total Rewards and benefits we offer our employees by clicking here.
Jack In The Box, Inc.AntiochCA
VIEW JOBS12/1/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-01T00:00Responsibilities:
At Office Depot and Office Max, every leader is responsible for growing total sales and services within the location. The Services Sales Manager will partner with the General Manager to drive the overall services culture within the location. He/she is accountable to achieving services sales plan for all services including copy and print, technology, subscriptions, and business services. He/she will assist in the day to day operations, and work with the General Manager to develop overall store strategies and tactics and is expected to know how the store is performing relative to the services target/plan and will apprise the General Manager of results. Will articulate areas of opportunity and devise and execute an action plan to resolve. The person in this role also has accountability for driving the store's overall sales training to ensure appropriate Office Depot and Office Max's selling techniques are executed. This position develops talent, provides positive and constructive feedback, and appropriate coaching and counseling to associates. The person in this role will lead, motivate and inspire associates and foster a customer/client first environment resulting in a memorable and positive client experience; building customer retention, strong relationships, and brand awareness and loyalty. The Services Sales Manager is also a "Key Carrier" and will be considered the Leader on Duty in the absence of other management.
The Services Sales Manager assists with the merchandising, operations and execution of store and company standards in addition to resolving both associate and customer relations' concerns. He/she will proactively engage with customers to exceed their needs and work to generate revenue by driving a sales culture. Quickly builds ongoing customer/client relationships and becomes a trusted advisor. Partners with General Manager to execute on new business-related services and product launches and develop strategies to improve conversion and Average Order Value (AOV). Is as a Change Champion, supporting and initiating change.
High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
Business, Marketing, Retail Management, or another related field preferred
Minimum two years of experience in retail, including management and/or supervisory in a sales driven, customer-oriented company. Sales experience in a services industry a plus.
Leads, coaches and inspires associates, while fostering a culture that builds trust, brand loyalty and exceptional customer/client service delivery. Creates and manages a sales focused environment through the training and development of associates. Accountable for the assessment and development of all services and sales associates, ensuring that all associates have completed and maintain their certification, as applicable (print, tech, etc.)
Deliver exceptional customer/client service by observing, listening, interacting and following up with customers to ensure satisfaction and issue resolution. Builds a culture which drive sales through motivating associates to be product experts and customer focused. Is a business services sales leader and a role model for superior customer service by demonstrating an understanding and high degree of proficiency using the Office Depot and Office Max sales principles. Proactively observes, coaches, and provides feedback to associates to enhance their proficiency in this area.
Responsible for increasing sales and profitability through conversion, AOV (Average Order Value), and customer satisfaction improvement across all categories.
Accountable for velocity services and executes on new services product launches, including services and product protection plans. Drives merchandising sales contests.
In the absence of the General Manager, manages inventory/inventory levels, assets and expenses within the store by applying financial controls and routinely reviewing all operational processes including receiving, data entry, cash handling, and payroll control. Will also be responsible for managing merchandise flow-through and replenishment processes.
Consistently maintains store appearance to company guidelines and keep in a neat, clean, well-stocked environment. Adhere to all standards related to signage labeling, planogram integrity, and merchandise presentation.
Responsiblefor managing performance, talent assessment, development and recognition of associates. Manages the performance appraisal process by delivering timely and valuable developmental feedback and reviews to all associates. Supports an environment that embraces diversity and encourages creative, innovative thinking and risk taking. Provides direction, coaching, and real time counsel related to all associate performance issues. Manages conflict effectively. Drives the recruitment, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people by participating in the interviewing and selection process.
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
VIEW JOBS12/1/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-01T00:00GENERAL PURPOSE:
Responsible for the management and supervision of all areas assigned by the Store Manager and follows policies in regard to Customers, Associates and merchandising. Responsible for learning all phases of Store operations. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met
* General Operating Requirements
* Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
* Assists in the analysis of Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
* Communicates any variances to Company standards to the Store Manager.
* Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
* Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal regulations.
* Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
* Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.
* Organizational Development
* Assists in recruiting, hiring, training and developing non-exempt Associates.
* Ensures compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
* Assists with Associate Relations issues by communicating any incidents to the Store Manager or District Manager as needed.
* Expense Control
* Assists in the management of and continuous monitoring of actual expenditures to be within budget.
* Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
* Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
* Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
* Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
* Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
* Assists in the facilitation of monthly safety meetings.
* Customer Service
* Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
* Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
* Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
* Supervises and coaches Retail Associates in providing efficient and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk, fitting rooms, sales floor, etc.
* Personal and Store Brand
* Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
* Maintains and models a professional appearance, in accordance with the Company Dress Code. Reinforces the Company Dress Code at all times.
* Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
* Maintains a high standard of housekeeping with help of contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
* Merchandise Processing and In-Store Marketing
* Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
* Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to Company merchandising guidelines.
* Urgently manages merchandise processing to the sales floor within the expected Company timeframe.
* Loss Prevention
* Assists with training Associates on Loss Prevention awareness and Store shortage goals.
* As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
* Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
* Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor, Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
* Assists in leading the annual inventory process including preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
* Monitors mark-out-of-stock policy to ensure proper administration.
* Ensures Public View Monitor (PVM) system is maintained properly.
* Customer Focus
* Motivating Others
* Drive for Results
* Conflict Management
* Managing and Measuring Work
* Hiring and Staffing
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Two or more years of Store or Assistant Store Manager experience in a retail environment.
* Must demonstrate the ability to supervise, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize those tasks, give direction and follow through to completion.
* Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment.
* Maintain high quality of Customer service.
* Fluency in English.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
* Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
* Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
* Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
* Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
* Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
* Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills
Direct supervision of all non-exempt Associates.
'171784Ross Stores, IncAntiochCA