Univ Of North Texas Health Science Center
Fort Worth , TX 76102
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Compliance Director for the Office of Research Compliance is responsible for overseeing all research compliance activities in the following areas:
- Conducts post-approval monitoring (audits) of human subject research and co-ordinates activities with the Executive Director, North Texas Regional IRB regarding the institution's Human Research Protection Program (HRPP)
- Oversees animal research compliance activities and supervision of IACUC staff, procedures, policies and practices
- Research Conflict of Interest (RCOI) overseeing potential significant financial conflicts of interest related to research activities
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) responsible for monitoring research compliance of research projects involving biohazardous materials or pathogens used in research; coordinates activities with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- Research Integrity and programs associated with the responsible conduct of research
- Export Controls applicable to research
As such, these specific compliance areas and their associated committees are known as "research compliance" activities. Position is responsible for representing research compliance at the University level and, as needed, with all regulatory agencies.
Department Specific Responsibilities:
- Conduct and manage an in-depth post-approval monitoring (audit) program for human subject research associated with the North Texas Regional IRB;
- Function as liaison between compliance committee members, government and institutional officials, investigators, and research clients;
- Direct the administrative and educational components of the Research Compliance program overall;
- Identify revised and new government regulations or guidance regarding conduct of Research Compliance and present such information to the various Research Compliance committees, institution officials, investigators and research staff;
- Provide ultimate oversight of Research Compliance office personnel, staffing, resource issues, and performance evaluations of staff in the following areas: IACUC, RCOI and IBC;
- Assist in the development and management of updated websites to provide relevant training, guidance, regulations, documentation, and other Research Compliance information to researchers, staff and students;
- Develop and maintain outreach, awareness and educational programs to students, staff and faculty regarding Research Compliance;
- Conduct oversight of RCOI audits as needed;
- Supervise, coach and lead operational activities and professional development for all relevant Research Compliance staff and provide staff training.
- Manage 2-3 direct reports.
The Director reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Research.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.