Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Community Manager, North America
New York , NY 10001
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SuperAwesome powers the kids digital media ecosystem.
SuperAwesomes technology is used by hundreds of brands and content-owners to safely engage with over 500M kids every month. The company has pioneered the kidtech market: technology which delivers digital functionality with a zero-data design to ensure total safety for kids.
SuperAwesome has reshaped the kids digital media landscape with their kid-safe, COPPA/GDPR-K compliant products including AwesomeAds (the biggest kid-safe ad platform in the world), PopJam (social content tools for U13 engagement) and Kids Web Services (tools for creating kid-safe apps and sites). Founded by a track-record team, SuperAwesome employs over 130 people across eight offices. In 2018 SuperAwesome was ranked as the #1 technology growth company in the UK by the Financial Times.
Were looking for a Community Manager to support the team in becoming more awesome than they were yesterday. We need you to identify and execute improvements in people operations and develop our North American community. Youll quickly become indispensable across our four domestic offices because everyone knows you are a go-to resource for HR, you are a problem-solver, and you are tightly connected with our global People Operations and Culture team. With your exceptional organizational skills, your tenacious spirit and your helpful demeanor, youll make our high team growth possible.
Responsibilities - Human Resource:
- Drive excellence in People Operations. Update, maintain and optimise HR systems and files, ensuring data protection laws are adhered to at all times. Work closely with the EMEA finance team to administer pensions, benefits, and paid time off where required.
- Make our team and environment more awesome. Work with the North America Culture Lead and the Director of Operations and Culture to ensure that team related activity is super, including socials, team lunches, offsites and other community development. Ensure the team's office needs are addressed to ensure optimum work environment.
- Help grow our team. Assist recruitment process where required; scheduling interviews, liaising with recruiters and candidates to ensure a seamless, excellent experience for all candidates. Administer background checks and other credentialing required for US new hires. Assist with Visa application processes where required.
- Ensure new hire success. Identify, structure and execute improvements to our community and office onboarding.
Responsibilities - Community Management:
- Act as the North American point of contact to implement, organise and drive community initiatives with our global teams
- Proactively identify new initiatives/improvements (automations) to drive value to the business and team, ensuring data is clearly presented with insights and clear reasoning to support
- Create, implement and maintain required office policies to support the optimisation of the team, environment and resources.
- Record office expenditure and manage budgets across North America, sharing insights and optimising for the best results for the best value at all times
- Be the primary liaison to landlords, external service providers, and internal IT teams to ensure necessary repairs and compliance requirements are carried out in a cost effective and timely manner
- Ensure an optimum environment for team and visitors at all times, including day-to-day office management, vendor management, and creating a hospitable experience for all guests. Be the welcoming face and voice of the SuperAwesome North America
- Manage office moves and new office setups across North America, ensuring budgets are optimised and business requirements being met
- Provide reasonable administrative support across all departments, including assistance on the team reasonable team travel/accommodation bookings
- Organize and execute client events and gifting, as needed (seasonal and adhoc).
- Own ad hoc special projects, ensuring timely and accurate delivery
Qualities were looking for:
- You can get stuff done. In fact youve already discovered our office, broken in and have hacked together a couple of ideas already
- Youre insanely well-organized
- Youre a fire-starter, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to get things done without direct supervision and constantly looking for growth areas
- You have the ability to troubleshoot issues and have a knack for finding solutions for a wide range of problems from office repair to team happiness
- Strong relationship builder and able to work with lots of different personalities effectively
- Sound, quick decision-making skills and judgement and can handle confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner
- Flexible and adaptable, to changing situations and responsibilities
- Passionate about self development and building a genuine career in kidtech
- Min 2 years experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with legislation in the areas of employment, equality and diversity and data protection a huge plus
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in various systems including Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel and Google Cloud software
Were a rapidly growing start-up team with a serious track record and an awesome team atmosphere. This is a genuine opportunity to learn and grow, through real ownership and responsibility and hands on mentorship from an experienced Senior Management team.
Compensation commensurate with experience.