Community Food Technician
Maumee , OH 43537
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Sunshine is hiring a cullinary food technicial to prepare and cook well balanced and palatable meals for individuals at our group homes and supported living while running grocery and other errands and delivering food through-out the community while assisting with any other dietary needs as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:.
- Cooks food by following menu, standardized recipes, and production sheet, for all meals including ensuring an alternative is available.
- Prepares food and beverages based on individual preferences and diet orders.
- Tastes and smells prepared food items to determine quality and palatability. Fresh ingredients and the least amount of processed food possible will be used.
- Responsible for training staff to follow menus, recipes, and production sheets, along with serving food to meet portion control and food analysis.
- Follows therapeutic diets as prescribed by physician/dietitian.
- Improves quality results by regularly obtaining feedback from individuals, families and staff.
- Responsible for grocery shopping based on menus and each homes food budget.
- Works collaboratively as part of the team with home staff, manager, and dietary manager to provide fresh, high quality food and service.
- Ensures homes kitchen and equipment is maintained in clean, working order by following regular cleaning schedule, operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining replacement parts inventory; performing preventative maintenance; notifying management when repairs are necessary.
- Follows safe food handling procedures; monitor/document temperature of meal through preparation and service to ensure temperatures are maintained throughout meal service.
- Monitors safe food storage practices, corrects if there are issues, and provides feedback to staff as needed.
- Follows therapeutic diets as prescribed by physician/dietician.
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of education in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets.
- Minimum 1 year culinary/health care experience is desired.
- Cooks are to be trained in dietary positions before being trained as a cook.
- Must have a valid driver's license and auto insurance.
- Must be able to drive and be in compliance with Sunshine's driver requirements.
Financial peace of mind is key to great care. Sunshine offers these great benefits - and more!
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid Training
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Bonuses 3X per year
- 401(k) with company match
- Transportation Assistance
- Disability and life insurance
- Interest-free tuition loans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Member of an ERN (Employee Resource Network)
- Access to a Success Coach
- Interest-free loans for emergencies
- Small dollar (credit building) loans
- No-questions asked Christmas financial help
- Training for advancement and promotion