Community Engagement Specialist - Entry Level
Lawrenceville , GA 30043
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Wider Circle is looking for a Community Engagement Specialist in Stone Mountain, Georgia to join our circle and play a vital role in running Connect for Life, our groundbreaking program that connects neighbors for better health, empowering them to live longer, healthier lives while finding joy in one anothers company. The successful candidate will radiate confidence while being a gracious host, skillfully switching between facilitation and teaching. If you are passionate about serving your community and making connections, then come join a veteran team backed by blue-chip investors in our movement to battle healthcare inequity.
Watch to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdvB3QjRFG0
- You will lead the Connect For Life program, using Wider Circle developed curriculum to build trust, promote health, and encourage movement.
- You will plan and host virtual and in-person events for members, fostering relationships with and between members to help encourage wellness outcomes.
- You will reach out to members to check in on them and encourage participation in Connect for Life Chapter events and other small and large group activities, ensuring members engage with us every month.
- You will record details of your interactions with members on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- You will identify members who are natural leaders and invite them to serve as Wider Circle Ambassadors who will help you connect with members and run events.
- You will connect with prospective members and develop individualized plans for them to enroll in the Connect For Life program.
- You will serve as a liaison, connecting members to their health plans and each other.
- You will create partnerships with local community-based organizations to bring additional services to our members attention.
- You will hold yourself accountable for achieving membership engagement and growth goals.
- You have a passion for helping people and serving others
- You have relevant community outreach, teaching, facilitation, or volunteer experience; healthcare experience, including CNA/CNT or CMA/CCMA designations, is a plus.
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, and are comfortable speaking one-on-one and to larger groups.
- You have an outgoing personality and unwavering, positive attitude, with the ability to comfortably engage with others in person and via video conference or phone.
- You are great at organizing, prioritizing, and following through on commitments. You thrive when everything is in the right place, and youve checked all the tasks off your list.
- You have strong computer skills and the ability to navigate web-based and app-based systems.
- You can work independently in a remote work environment with little oversight.
- You are committed to a drug-free workplace and ready for pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks
- Starting at $16-20 per hour commensurate with experience
- Performance-based incentive bonuses
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Full and part-time hours available
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity to make the world a better place
- This is a contract position
Wider Circle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion supports our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We believe in empowering people and valuing their differences. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.