Community Engagement Financial Services Specialist
Community Action Partnership Of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Saint Paul , MN 55104
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Under the direction of the Program Director, Community Engagement, this position is responsible for coordinating and implementing the assigned program by supporting program administration, reporting, outreach and recruitment and providing direct services to participants to improve financial behavior, build assets and become financially stable.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
Financial & Asset Building
- Manage, organize and supervise tax clinic, adhering to IRS guidelines and rules.
- Coordinate and facilitate financial education classes including preparing curriculum materials.
- Work directly with federal and state administrator and financial institutions to ensure successful program implementation.
- Identify and develop partnerships to support program objectives.
- Work within Agency to provide a continuum of services for income eligible participants.
- Connect participants to other resources within the agency and in the community.
Program Management, Outreach, Evaluation and Growth
- Maintain accurate and complete records for all participants to document eligibility, program services and to track and report outcomes.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual program outcome reports.
- Maintain and support the program through coordination of office systems, databases and file maintenance.
- Provide coordination and work effectively with staff to assure smooth, timely and efficient operation of program.
- Identify opportunities and provide work direction for volunteers to increase our capacity to meet goals.
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Services or related field with 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of interviewing case management and assessment skills.
- Experience in financial services and/or asset building.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including collaborating with a team, working across program areas, disseminating information effectively and conflict resolution.
- Experience interacting with individuals from diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience facilitating adult group learning preferred.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills. Public speaking skills preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Google Docs/Gmail strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources preferred.
- A valid drivers license and reliable transportation on a daily basis is required.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 40 Hours/Week
Posting Dates: 8/10/2018-8/31/2018
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO),14 paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
CAPRW conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.