Communications Field Engineer - Telecommunications
The Griffin Groupe
Yuma , AZ 85364
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive SearchLocation
: Yuma, AZJob Type
: Full TimeIndustry
: Commensurate with ExperienceRelocation
Offered for Skilled CandidatesCommunications Field Engineer Telecommunications THE OPPORTUNITY
The Griffin Groupe is currently seeking a Communications Engineering Support Technician for our valued client in the government services industry.RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Managing small to medium scaled IT/ Communications projects (planning, procurement, execution, quality control) and preparation of project organization and prioritization charts that will assist in tracking multiple project and progress details.
- The scope of projects are related to Inside Plant Telecommunications, Outside Plant Telecommunications, Networking, Video Teleconference, Intercom, and Video Distribution Systems.
- Managing communication teams, installation and integration of communication equipment, and managing work orders.
- Generating O&M documentation and procedures, ensure work adheres to industry standards such as EIA/TIA, coordinating meetings with the customer to develop Scope of work and design details, work with local Configuration Management Team to develop design implementation documentation, keeping customers and stakeholders informed of any delays or issues that may impact project completion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
- Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
- Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
- Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
- Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
- Must use down-time effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
- Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
- Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
- Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
- Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
- Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of voice/ data infrastructure cabling such as Cat 3, 5, 6, and Single Mode fiber.
- Have a working knowledge of copper and fiber test equipment such as, but not limited to: multi-meters, signal generators, toners and optical fast testers.
- Must have the capability of reading blue prints, identifying cable paths, and conducting site surveys.
- 3-5 years experience managing IT/ Communication projects.
- Experience using terminal emulators for communications equipment configurations
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
- Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Telecommunications.
- Must be able to sit, bend, stoop, stand and walk over uneven terrain, for extended periods.
- Physically capable of moving and or pushing 35 lbs and periodically lifting items up to 50 lbs.
- Individual may be required to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Developing Visio diagrams.
- Experience planning and deploying network infrastructure.
- Experience leading IT / Communications teams.